Yay!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Brit.Tex, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Brit.Tex

Brit.Tex New Member

Don't know if anyone remembers me asking about one of my young mini doelings... I had been wondering if she was perhaps hermaphroditic. Well, about a week ago she started beginning to bag up, but she sure did surprise us Monday - a beautiful black and white doeling, and she's a great ff mom too. In addition, while her twin Bracken hasn't got much in the way of teats and not a great deal of milk, Bramble has larger teats and the milk just gushes out when you squeeze, she looks like she will make a wonderful milker.

All in all, we are very happy - and poor Bramble was being maligned! Guess that will teach us, eh? She's one of those does who never looks pregnant btw... we'd never have guessed she was anywhere near that close to delivery, we've had doelings and does bag up weeks ahead.

So far, we've had three doelings and two bucklings kidded here. We are now waiting on our Alpine doe - it's her second freshening, and her due date is tomorrow, then we will be done. Last year she kidded a single buckling, but this year she's HUGE. Ligaments still holding their own at the moment.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

3. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Ha! Maybe I should go accuse one of my girls of being a hermaphrodite...seems like they might enjoy the challenge. :)
    Congrats!

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep kidding always answers those types of questions. Is my doe infertile? Is my doe bred? When will my doe kid? How many kids will she have? :) LOL Vicki