worming with ivomec eprinex

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by wheytogosaanens, Jun 30, 2008.

1. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Got a 4-H Mom who wants to know if she can worm their meat goat projects with ivomec eprinex. In the past, she has used it as a pour-on.

I'm thinking that if it is at all like cydectin, she should use it orally. If so, at what rate? Dosing rate on bottle is 1 ml/22lbs. This is a cattle pour-on.

Anyone know if she can use it like cydectin? I don't want to kill anyone's 4-H projects!

Camille

2. Jennie

Jennie New Member

I believe Halo-M and Sandy use it. See if you can't get a hold of one of them.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

It's the same....the pouron rate for Cydectin is used orally on goats...the pouron rate on the bottle for cattle is used on goats orally for Eprinex also. I do think it's 5cc per 100 pounds but have someone read the bottle, I will change this for search if you come back on and tell me or PM me. Vicki

4. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Hi Vicki,

She read the dose rate at 1 ml/22 lbs right off the bottle, which is right about 5cc/100lbs.

Thanks!

Camille
    P.S. Wonder if it is less expensive than cydectin? Hmmm.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Hmmmm, I haven't used it since it first came out and I was sent some to use and fecal, but I do not remember it being the same dose like that as cydectin. Course I slept since then :) vicki