Worming question/Ivermectin +

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by goatmom, Feb 4, 2008.

1. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Fecals ran this morn - 4 have high egg counts - strongi -3 are young unbred doelings - the other is bred doe with 43 days to go -

Just want to make sure I have this right since I haven't used Ivermectin before (normally cydectin) -

I need to buy Ivomec Plus injectable (is this correct?) but I will give it orally at ?? is this 1cc per 30 lb or 1cc per 50 lb? I've seen both these doses on this forum.
    And this is OK for a doe this far along?

thanks for the help - Would normally ask my vet but I had these ran at the Univ Animal science lab (saves me a ton of $ on fecals) Glad the other girls looked fine on their fecals so will wait until kidding to worm them.

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Some use it at 1cc/30#'s. I use Ivomec Plus at 1cc/50...BUT when I use Ivomec Plus, I use at that rate and I worm every 10 days for 3 wormings.

With fecals, this has proven to drastically lower counts of flukes and HC eggs in some and completely clean others. That was last summer/fall...with the dormant parasites now, (winter) I'm running fecals about every 3 weeks and worming accordingly. I am noticing a rise in egg counts and it's coming time to copper boluse again...so, I'm hoping with the boluses and the next worming I can get the counts down.
    Kaye

3. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

Do you copper bolus while your does are bred? Mine are due for another bolus before they kid. With all of the confusion about copper, I wondered if I should wait until I see deficieny or just stay on the 6 month routine. :/

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Yep, every one of them.
    Kaye

5. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats New Member

will the ivermectin + take care of the lung worm? Shannon

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes as will plain Ivermectin. The plus is for liver flukes. Vicki