Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My entire herd tested negative for Brucella, CL, CAE and Johne's. I'm so relieved!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good for you. What a relief.

Mine get tested next week, so I'll be the one holding my breath.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Great news!!! I'm hoping to test the whole herd next year. Both the pygmys and nubians.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is always such a relief when you get happy results! I am happy for you! :D

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It is a great feeling of relief to get a negative test! You have done the responsible thing as a breeder by testing your goats. I wish every breeder of dairy goats would do the same. I am very proud of you! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
FANTASTIC ! It's such a HAPPY relief !!

·
Registered
298 Posts
We had our does' blood drawn last Monday. Waiting on our results. I have mine tested every year for CAE (always negative) and this year CL. Is it suggested to test for Brucella and Johnnes?

It was actually a very frustrating day for me as the old-timer vet wouldn't teach me how to draw blood and his office gal got a little miffed that I knew exactly what to do with my blood samples and had everything ready to go. She wanted to be the KNOW-IT-ALL! Then when I went ot the post office to send the samples off express...they said I was too late (even though they told me pick-up was at 4pm and I was there before 3:30pm). Got to love my town. We couldn't figure out how to Fedex around here. No help from the Post Office either. I think next year I will draw my own blood samples. We use WSU. It was a LONG day!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tested for Brucella and Johne's as a precaution. WADDL recommends it as a biosecurity screening and I figured I would test for everything under the sun this first time and then I can just test for CAE and CL annually as long as I don't get any new goats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts