Woo Hoo!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Beverrlly, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

My entire herd tested negative for Brucella, CL, CAE and Johne's. I'm so relieved!!

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Congrats! You can now breathe a sigh of relief. :D

Sara

3. Ashley

Ashley New Member

That's awesome! :D

4. Truly

Truly New Member

Good for you. What a relief.

Mine get tested next week, so I'll be the one holding my breath.

5. Great news!!! I'm hoping to test the whole herd next year. Both the pygmys and nubians.

6. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

It is always such a relief when you get happy results! I am happy for you! :D

7. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

It is a great feeling of relief to get a negative test! You have done the responsible thing as a breeder by testing your goats. I wish every breeder of dairy goats would do the same. I am very proud of you! Keep up the good work!

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

congratulations!!

9. YAY! What a relief for you. :D

10. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

FANTASTIC ! It's such a HAPPY relief !!

11. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

We had our does' blood drawn last Monday. Waiting on our results. I have mine tested every year for CAE (always negative) and this year CL. Is it suggested to test for Brucella and Johnnes?

It was actually a very frustrating day for me as the old-timer vet wouldn't teach me how to draw blood and his office gal got a little miffed that I knew exactly what to do with my blood samples and had everything ready to go. She wanted to be the KNOW-IT-ALL! Then when I went ot the post office to send the samples off express...they said I was too late (even though they told me pick-up was at 4pm and I was there before 3:30pm). Got to love my town. We couldn't figure out how to Fedex around here. No help from the Post Office either. I think next year I will draw my own blood samples. We use WSU. It was a LONG day!

12. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

I tested for Brucella and Johne's as a precaution. WADDL recommends it as a biosecurity screening and I figured I would test for everything under the sun this first time and then I can just test for CAE and CL annually as long as I don't get any new goats.