Withdrawel on Cydectin?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ashley, May 6, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

What do y'all use for withdrawel on cydectin? The link in 101 says 56 days, surely y'all don't wait 2 months to start using milk? What is this based on?

This milk will be for a baby (the people kind) so want it to be clean.

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I didnt think there was a withdrawel time for Cydectin...Are you giving it orally or injection? Maybe there is a different 1 that is no withdrawel time. I just wait 72 hrs with mine...3 days

3. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

There is 0 withdrawal when Cydectin is used in cattle. To lean toward the safe side...and us giving it orally we use a 2 day withdrawal on milk.
    Kaye

4. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin No ryme or reason here, but I usually go at least 5......but I usually go at least 5 days after giving anything unless I have hard facts that I need to go longer.
    I think that I seen some research that showed that there was no active ingrediants found to be in the milk after 48 hrs. I wished I had copied that research down now, because I have no idea where I seen that.

Whim

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

48 hrs here.

6. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I withdraw for three milkings.

Christy

7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Well good grief, I thought it was longer than that. It's been like a week.

8. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:lol You can use the milk now. I think you've withheld long enough. :biggrin
    Better safe than sorry....but, hey we can all use a worming! I usually get wormed when we worm the steers, cause I generally get it all over me! :sigh
    Kaye