Will doe come back in heat

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Keeperofmany, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

If a doe has kidded 6 weeks ago will they come back into heat like right now? She is in with the bucks and they are trying to breed her. So is it just the bucks or could she be back in heat?

Thanks, Wendy

2. coso

coso Guest

Nubian, yep they will. Especially up there in cold country where you are. Probably second cycle after kids are born.

3. tioga13

tioga13 Guest

Our elevation and location give us a climate much like yours, but our alpine and oberhasli does are still seasonal- they only cycle Sept. to Jan. (as a general rule, there have been excpetions!)
    I don't have any experience with nubians, other than one doe that we have which is 1/2 nubian. She is seasonal also, though.

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

My Nubians aren't cycling this time of year, but, just to be on the safe side, I never keep bucks old enough to reproduce in with my does until I'm ready to breed them in the fall. Kathie

5. haeema

haeema New Member

hmmm, I have 3 or 4 of my 8 milkers who are in "LOVE" with each other! That's fine, I just don't like it when they catch me bent over and the "LOVE" my very large rear end! They need to go rub on something else .....LOL..... but that's my Nubians!

6. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

We have a Kinder doe - that except for the ears, she is all Nubian. A few years ago she delivered a set of quads in January and a set of twins in June. My advice would be to get the buck to another pen and hope for the best. My 2 cents.

~Anne

7. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Thanks guys for the responses. gotta move the buck.
    ;)

Wendy

8. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Unless it is already too late. Don't forget to make a note of it with the date so you can have some reference if she IS bred. It is something I failed to do with mine and it drove me crazy. :lol

9. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I have 3 adult nubian does in Raging heat right now. they kidded in Feb.

10. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Yicks! Are you sure they are not grade? 1/2 Nubian and 1/2 Rabbit? Just joking. :lol