who to bring to Nationals??

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by paulaswrld, Jun 9, 2008.

1. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Okay, I was chatting over the week end at a One Day Milk Test with a few ppl who are Veteran National goers, and as most of you know this will be my first one. I am getting ready to send in my entries today and I am still on the fence about my FF 2yrolds. Several ppl have told me that it will be hard for them to be competitive as FF. They have very nice udders but not large. Any input?

Thanks always...and TRIX is GREAT!!!!!!

Paula

2. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi Paula,

I, too, will attend the Nationals as a newbie. I am taking two goats a yearling FF and a dry yearling. I am taking these two does just to get my feet wet, I believe I have some beautiful girls but I don't want to be overwhelmed with them all so I will only take those two. Take what you feel will do well. This is my belief of the National show, it isn't about winning there it is about placing well. I would love to win but placing in the top 10 or 20 out of 60-80 goats in a class is AMAZING in itself, that is winning in my opinion at the Nationals. Some people look at this differently but for me this is my belief.

So Paula, calm down and take what you want to take...I can't wait to meet you there...

Autumn

3. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I totally agree...I just wnat to make the cut!!!

I too, am so looking forward to meeting and putting faces to all the names...

Paula

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I would take what is winning at the local level under competition that is already going to nationals :) There will be alot of 2 year old FF there. Vicki

5. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

I don't get to show most of mine (Nigerians are exhibition only), & since I rarely trust anyone to milk for me, I'm bringing all of my milkers. I will be showing 2 of my goats- a LaMancha jr kid, who's never been to a show before & my recorded grade doe......just wanted to be able to walk in the ring with something :)

6. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Price O The Field Mercy won the National Show as a 2 year old first freshener.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

If I were to go and show I would just chose the best of my best and go with that.

8. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

We took 3 2 year olds and 1 yearling. The 2 year old (Titania) that made the cut (13th) was consistently behind Krystal at every show until Nationals. So I'm glad we didn't just take the one that had been winning!

Camille

9. old dominion

old dominion New Member

You have received some really good input. Bottom line - Take what YOU like, show proudly, and remember to have a good time. Nationals brings out the best of the best, the best goats, shown by the best showman, and groomed to perfection. Have a good time and let the chips fall where they may. You never know where your chip may end up.

10. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Thanks everyone...as usual I can count on this group for guidence and support.

Paula

11. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Tim I knew as soon as I wrote that you would remember that! Vicki