Who has the herd name Tveter?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by wheytogosaanens, Jan 2, 2008.

1. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Just wondering if y'all know who has the Tveter herd name, and if they are solid for, I believe,
    Obers.

Camille

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Re: Who has the herd name Teveter?

Sure it isn't Tveter
    they are in Washington and have toggs

3. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

I just did an adga search thingy for Teveter and it does not come up :/

4. wheytogosaanens

I think you are right...it is Tveter. I was spelling it phonetically...should know better!

I was guessing Obers because a gal called me today about appraisal and has an Ober doe with a Tveter dam, but doesn't know much about bloodlines etc. yet. Definitely a goat gal with potential to become properly obsessed. :biggrin

Any feedback would be nice, even if it is a PM.

Thanks
    Camille

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

did a websearch and think they do have obie also as someone else that raises obie /saanen's has their name in thier herd.

Central Washington Dairy Goat Association
    Nellie Tveter, 1993 Adams RD S, Quincy, WA 98848
    (509) 785-2042
    tveter@nwi.net

6. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho New Member

That's Nellie! She has some gorgeous Obers, though I think she has just about sold out the herd. My friend Robin (HB Acres) has a doe from her :)

Heck, have her call Nellie directly -- she is very nice and would love to talk about her bloodlines.

Tracy

7. wheytogosaanens

That's what I was suggesting....but some folks are more approachable than others.

this will be great for her. Hopefully she will know what crosses well with her lines etc.

thanks guys! you know everything!

8. H. B. Acres

H. B. Acres New Member

That would be one of my bestest buddies, Nellie Tveter She made me a very special Ober just for me. Tveter Farms TSC Tipsoo who went eighth in her class at the 2005 Nationals. Nellie still has some of her girls and would love to hear any news about girls with her herd name. There were a few other breeds mixed in the herd, I know she had a special Nubian and I believe her daughter might have had some Toggs over the years. If you need help getting a hold of her PM me and I will get you set up. Nellie is cool!
    Nellie does not live at the address listed by Sondra anymore... and that is not her current email either.
    I have her current info, will PM you.
    Robin in Idaho