Whipped Shea

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have a gentleman from my church who wants to try it. But mine is scented so I need to make a sample just for him. He has some sort of skin condition (he didn't explain so I didn't ask) but he likes my soap and says it works better for him than what the doc sells him. So I'm going to whip up some unscented shea for him to try. Can I do 100% or is the consistency better with a liquid oil added? I've been using Sweet Almond but I'm wondering if Sunflower would be better? I really like the feel of Sunflower. I don't have enough jojoba to use that. I do have Grapeseed. What do you think would be best?

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I would use the sunflower because so many people are allergic to nut oils and Sweet almond is a nut oil... no guessing there... Grapeseed is good too..
    Barb

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I stopped adding stuff to the shea and sell it just crammed in a jar like Vicki does. I do offer to fragrances that I whip in, but other than that the unrefined shea sells fantastic all on it's own.

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

How much is the going rate for unrefined shea cramed in a 4 0z dome lid blue jar? I have an order for some. and the whipped shea recipe of yours Is Tasty! Toddlers Love the Lavender, and they think its frosting. I had to move it up higher on the display table.

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I do a 1.8 oz jar for $5 and a 3.7 oz jar for $8.50, this is in net wt. They are 2 and 4 oz jars, but if I whip it a bit to add fragrance I can't get a full 2 or 4 oz in the jar. So fragranced or not it gets sold as 1.8 oz and 3.7 oz.