Which Type of Cydectin to order for goats?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Upon A Rock Farm, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Upon A Rock Farm

Upon A Rock Farm New Member

I am ordering cattle cydectin instead of using Quest equine gel as I
    have in the past.....which do I get? The pour-on to use orally, the
    injectable, or the sheep drench? Alos, if you use any of these, I imagine the dosage varies with eacxh variety...is this info posted anywhere? Milk withdrawal is quite long isn't it?

Thanks
    Julie in OK

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Pour on to use orally

3. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

It's purple and smells of kerosene. You'll love it. Ha ha.

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin Yes, the doses are different for each product. 0.2mg/kg, 0.5mg/kg...and the sheep drench I think I figured was too expensive considering the dose you have to give.
    Kaye

5. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

Can we use the injectable orally? I hate pouring the purple, oily, smelly stuff down the girls' throats!

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Like everything you are going to have to use it, fecal and see how much you need to work until this work is done for us. I know with Ivermectin 1% injectable what worked for it was not the same mg/kg that worked on the paste. And now the new ivermectine type pourons are working great orally at the label dosages. So you will have to fecal, worm, fecal and see if the dosages you are using work. Why when you are newer you should go by tried and true products and dosages, then branch out as your gain your sea legs...then share your new information with all of us!!! Vicki

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:lol I was the same way Susie hated the thought but you know what my goats love it. have only had one gag.