Which Nubian breeder?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Katarina, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Katarina

Katarina New Member

If you could get one goat from any Nubian breeder what breeder would it be?

2. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Six-M Galaxy-Guess I gotta go for the milk cause when it comes to show animals there are at least 3 I would have a hard time choosing from...

3. Truly

Truly New Member

Vicki

Any Questions.... :biggrin

4. Katarina

Katarina New Member

5. Truly

Truly New Member

Why I would choose Vicki.

Having been on forum(s) with her for over a year I have a lot of respect for her knowledge of goats and her techniques for raising them.

I also appreciate the herds she uses to improve her herd.

The pictures I've seen of her animals are very impressive.

Looking at my stock, I know her animals would bring improvements into my herd.

6. Katarina

Katarina New Member

BTW I was teasing. I currently own two nubians from Miss. Vicki, my first one was from Miss. Vicki, gave my four beautiful kids. The other one is another beauty and an a lot of fun to have, I have greatly enjoyed being the owner of Dawn! :D

7. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Thunder-Ridge (No offence, Vicki). I am Kim Williams DHIA tester, and neighbor, so I see her herd all of the time. VERY consistent herd!

I would then pick Vicky ;)

Ken

8. Katarina

Katarina New Member

I should have said no favorites. :lol

9. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

Kastdemur or BlissBerry :) I just love BlissBerry Hummin' Ruth but no more Nubians here. We have one doe left from when we had Nubians and one is enough!

Trisha

10. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho New Member

11. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I like Tracy's answer :)

And folks get real...I know you all love me...well except OBVIOUSLY KEN!!! :) But dang there are hundreds of goats in many many other herds I would salivate to have. Obviously from my buck purchase this last year, I would steal away Santa Cruz in a heart beat in the Blissberry Herd.

If I could spend the weekend looking through the herd, pedigrees in hand, cart blanc I would fill a pen with Kastedemur does. But Karen wants input into your purchases.

I would steal Samiel from Rhuels Dairy Goats and breed her to another Kastedemur EX buck. I love Sandy's Z line and their daughters.

I would buy the never going to be sold Royal and Crown Ambassador semen, stash it at Kayes and have her use these last precious ampules on my does.

I love my herd, I love the direction they are going in, they are young, I would add more of the same, but I would not change my direction. I do love seeing others purchasing from the same folks I do/did...in the totally OPPOSITE direction I am going :)

I would have loved to have seen POTF Sage bred to Tim's new Blissberry Buck. I have always loved Tim's Huckelberry. I would like to try the POTF Royal Marcus semen again. I really wanted to try something out of Easy Stream when Roger went Kastdemur.... until they were sold, they are lost forever.

There are lots of herds who I admire their goats, but their management isn't anything I want to bring home. Or their bloodline is the Frosty Marvin part of the bloodline I don't breed, although I can appreciate some of them.

The worst thing about having Nubians for 21 years, and can't even imgaine Tim being in for so many more years, you know secrets, way to many secrets.

And you aint getting one more word out of me :)

Had to edit to add Lynnhaven but it doesn't include all of her bloodline :) Vicki

12. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

I'd have to say Kastdemur. Since I got a buck kid from her this past summer. Right up there would be Cam's Menagerie.. which is heavy Copper Hill... since that is my other 'line' of Nubians. I know there are several breeders that I wouldn't turn down anything from thier herd.. Blissberry, Hoanbu, Tim Vanzants herd (names escapes me at this moment), Lakeshore, Kismet.. the list goes on and on.. :biggrin

13. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Karen Lewis, Lassenwood, has some phenominal Nubians as well. I have spent quite a bit of time on her farm, and even had the pleasure of handling Kiona, Kalila and Valentine at a show before they were sold to Karen Senn.

(Her LaManchas, Alpines and Toggs are pretty incredible too!)

14. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

I like Tim's Pruitts goats, V of course, wat I see of Blissberry, and, of course, the Kastdemur. Butthen I am NT a nubian afficianando. Check back again with me re:lamanchas :)

15. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats New Member

Kastdemurs for me too. I have a buck that is heavy Kastdemur and he is great looking and the sweetest guy I have ever been around. You can just go out in the field and trim his hooves and he just stands so polite. Shannon

16. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol :lol
    I have to go with Tracy's post=None!
    I don't "do" Nubians...been there, done that! :laughcry
    Kaye

17. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well since I know absolutly nothing abt Nubian's or lines or anything have to say
    Lonesome Doe/Blissberry and the lines leading up to them because that is what I have and what I am getting. Probably kick myself later because my competion will be Lonesome Doe

18. Katarina

Katarina New Member

When we got our first goats (lamanchas) we asked the breeder (as we did every goat person that we met) "what would you do differently, now, than you did when you were starting?" Her answer?

"I wouldnt take so long to get out of nubians!" :lol

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Kastdemur's, Lakeshore, and Blissberry. We are getting those bloodlines indirectly by getting goats from Quarter Mile and Hoanbu! :biggrin Both of them are 2-2 1/2 hours away! Oh and Copper-Hill....have one those....double bred granddaughter of Papa Bear....LOVE her! :biggrin I also like the newer Wingwood Farm bloodlines...