Where to get BoSe

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by bafrienddc, May 28, 2008.

1. bafrienddc

bafrienddc New Member

Do I have to go to the Vet to get the Bo-se, fortified vit B complex or the Vit E capsules? I have a very young La Mancha buck that I bought at the sale a couple weeks ago. He has a temperature of 104.4. The poor fella' has a bad cough and a bad runny nose (white/milky mucus). He sucks down is bottle with vigor, and is munching a little on leaves. He just looks so sickly ( head held low and tail between his legs). My guess is that he is about 2-3 weeks old. I think it would be good for me to have the Bo-se, vit B and the vit E on hand. Where can I get it?

Thanks for your input

Brad

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well I just posted and it didn't show up so here goes again
    BoSe is Vet RX only, B Vit you can get at feed store or TSC Vit E is people stuff 400 iu
    with this high a temp get him on antibiotics Vit C (people) and robitussin or benedryl also start cocci meds so get you some corid.

3. bafrienddc

bafrienddc New Member

I have given the little guy 3 doses of 1 cc each of LA 200 antibiotics over the past 4 days. Should I continue this? How much vitamin C can I give and how much robitussin? I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge. What a blessing.

brad

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

any antibiotics are give 7 to 10 days get the children robotussin dm I think it is and just use what is on the lable or children's benedryl. Vit C I use pd but 1000 mg however you can get it if tablet grind it up and delute with water so you can syringe it. I give B vitmins when ever I am using antibiotics but that is just me.

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

OUCH!! LA 200 stings like fire. We generally use another brand of Oxytetracyline 200mg/ml...Bio-Mycin...and we use it at 4.5cc/100# twice a day for 5 days. the everyother day or skipped doses is for cattle and it doesn't work on goats. Faster metabolism
    With resp. infections I go to stronger antibiotics...Naxcel, Nuflor, (GASP) even Baytril 100. Banamine or Dexamethasone is a must with any lung involvement to keep the scarring in the lungs down to a min. Banamine being my favorite because it relieves the pain involved.
    Kaye

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Do what Kaye says as she is very very well versed in situations like this Banamine is a Vet RX but necessary to have on hand as are the other drugs Kaye mentioned.

7. bafrienddc

bafrienddc New Member

Thanks for all the input. You have been very helpful. I am so thankful for the information I can get here. I know my small herd will be much happier and healthier due to the education I am receiving here.
    Thank you again.

brad