Where are the tail ligaments?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Thermopkt, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thermopkt

Thermopkt New Member

Yes, I know, they're back by the tail but where are they exactly? I've got two does due in May and I wanted to find the ligaments now, while they're hopefully still there, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Do they V back from the tail towards the back, or the opposite?

2. coso

coso Guest

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I also noticed with Paige this time, that she has a couple ligs on each side that got very stretched as she was right before the pushing stage of labor.
    These were about as round as my finger on this ND, and were pulled pretty tight. These were in tune with her tail ligs it seemed.
    When you look at this pic....you can about draw a line from the L in loin, and go to the B in barrel , and you will find these under this line.......I'm gonna keep closer check on my next doe to kid, and see if I see the same thing again.......Shoot, I bet Vicki can even tell you what this lig or long muscle is. :rofl

Whim

http://www.ndga.org/about/parts.htm

4. Katarina

Katarina New Member

"Yes, I know, they're back by the tail"

shucks, I was going to tell you that they are across the bridge of the nose :lol

5. Thermopkt

Thermopkt New Member

Well I just knew that somebody was going to point out that they were back by the tail and I thought I'd beat them to it. :)

Thanks for the help everyone!!