What would you do ?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Patty13637, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

There is a woman who sets up at shows I am at sometimes. Last year she had only M & P soap. came over and chated with me and checked out all of my stuff. Surprise this year she has lotion and lip balm. Problem is she is telling everyone to put the lotion in the fridge :crazy . I am assuming she is not using a presevative and has not tested her recipe. This is ticking me off ! If 1 person gets a bad reaction it will make all gm lotion look bad . what should I do ?

O ya she is also using candle scents in her soaps ...I know who she buys them from and none are skin tested .

She also came to my table when my 9 year old was there checking out all my new stuff...hmm wonder what she will have next ??? :nooo I will take it as she knows I am better and is just trying to copy .

Patty

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

What would I do, I would concentrate on promoting my products, including telling them why there is a preseervative in your lotions and all the good stuff.. I would ignore her and put my time and energy to my products. do not bad mouth her or slam her products, people are smarter than what you think they are.. Be pleasant to her and that is it.... period...
    Barbara

3. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

Exactly what Barbara says. There is a guy that is in our craft show every year and he talks down our candles and stuff but we have tons of repeat customers and ones that used to buy from him but like our products better. We are always nice and even when he comes around and makes coments in front of customers we just keep a smile on our faces and know hes just blowing smoke.

4. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

:yeahthat Make pamphlets/brochures too that customers can take home. Selling your product is far more important than worrying about anothers. Focus on your business. Tammy

5. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Thanks for the above. I guess maybe I did not say things right . I am not worried about competition I am worried that so many people go to Goats Milk for children . This woman is not using a preservative and it will make someone very ill at some point . The thought of a mother putting this on her young children who may then put in there mouth or have a scratch and then you have a big old infection. Not to mention she makes all GM products look bad. Maybe I worry to much.

I spent my day informing customers what to look for and how my product was made. I had customers come to me concerned and they are the ones who informed me of what was going on.

Patty

6. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I would still do what you are doing then. Select some literature for them to help them make better choices when buying GM products. Include scientific or dermatologist research as to WHY these points are important. Coming from this angle you are only helping your business and will help the general public see what to look for. As far as this other lady, she is the one who will someday regret not doing things the right way. JMO Tammy