What would happen

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Gunnie, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

What would happen if you used soap the day after you make it. Dh is chomping at the bit to try the hunters soap. Will it just use up quicker since it didnt cure?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I cure mine in the oven so we use the next day.
    Do a tongue test if it zaps or tingles don't use it yet.

3. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

I don't like using soap that hasn't cured- it makes my skin feel awful. Dry, tight and itchy.

4. shawhee

shawhee Member

My hubby always steals a bar ..... :nooo He doesnt even ask!!! I end up missing a few every time I make apple jack n peel. And I have had him steal some and hide them so I dont sell them. I had told him about the zap test to tounge thing, thinking that would deter him - I think he licks the soap and then runs to use it... Crazy man! :crazy So I can not say it is the best thing in the world and I like mine cured, but he refuses to wait; so be it.

Shawna

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I always use fresh pieces, my new mold cuts 3 tiny slivers extra when cut as a log instead of a loaf, once cured enough to cut your bars are fine to use, just soft and dissappears quickly. Vicki

6. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I like to wait at least a week and then try the zap test. But there have been certain kinds I get impatient on and have used them before hand, 48 hrs after pouring and those are usually my experimentals :twisted. Tammy

7. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

Thanks, He told me he took a bar with him when he actually took about 8 he says he needed to give some to the guys to try out!!