What size capsule?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by tmfinley, Sep 17, 2008.

1. tmfinley

tmfinley Member

I just got my copasure and am going to my pharmacy today to see if they will give me capsules to put the copper in. I think I need size 00. Is this correct?

Tiffany

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I just went to the health food store and bought what ever they had. It didn't have a size on them. Then I weighed out the rods.

4. tmfinley

tmfinley Member

Yeah, my pharmacy only had size 0 capsules. I filled up 3 of them. That will be fun to try to shove down there throats today :/ I told my husband he had to help me out today. He was just thrilled when I told him what we had to do.

Tiff

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

you did weigh them after filling right?

6. tmfinley

tmfinley Member

What do you weigh them with? I needed 4 grams so I just eyeballed 1/3 of the contents of the bolus and filled the capsules. I know that is not the most scientific way, but I couldn't figure out how to do it better.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

well that is probably close I can't even remember what the bolus' weigh to begin with all I know is what is on saanedoah for what we need per weight. I weighed out on a postal scale but really need a gram scale which I don't have so I also guestamated. just knowing I didn't over dose :)