What on earth do I do

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Keeperofmany, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

One month ago one of my does gave birth to one mini nubian buckling. Now today another doe gave birth to 3 baby mini nubians. My problem is this, the goats are in one pen and no room to make a seperate pen for mom and these new babies. The one month old buckling is jumping all over the new babies and momma trying to breed them.I am afraid of the babies getting hurt because they are so tiny. DH was suppose to have the new part of the barn finished by now but it didn't happen, only half done.

Any advice please. Wendy

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

got any cattle panels?? fence off a corner with the panels and get the buckling in there.

3. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Just came in,10:00 pm, We somehow got the other part of the barn cleaned out and did put a gate on it. DH put one of the older bucks out there and put mom and new babies in his pen. I've been eaten alive and now :needcoffee

Thanks Sondra

Wendy

4. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

I'm glad you found something that worked. :)

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH CONGRATULATIONS!!

6. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

Every time I think i couldn't possibly need another pen built or divided....i shortly find out I was wrong! I always tell my fiance "just this last pen and we won't have to build any more". Ha!! Right! Glad you got yours taken care of :)

7. Rose

Rose New Member

Yes, pens and goats.... the never ending saga. We have a pen with the weaning doelings in it that's going to have to become the buckling pen later this summer, and we'll have to figure out who it's safe to put in with him. :help2

If we put the doelings back with the other goats and their momma in with the buckling....

Musical goat pens!

8. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

:rofl I know EXACTLY what you mean! ....And so does my husband. :rofl

9. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

I bought some panels & gates from Northeast gate & it's so cool to be able to put up a nice sturdy pen in about 10 minutes- by myself! I got them to use for breeding pens, freshening pens, isolation pens- whatever....they're really really nice & don't gouge me like cattle panels do :)

10. Nancy

Nancy New Member

We do a lot of musical pens. Changing pens constantly.

11. Terry

Terry Member

Whenever I need an extra pen I just kick the chickens out of theirs.
    Terry

12. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

My horses are usually the first ones to get the boot! Last night it looked like it was going to rain and the shelter in the new pen is not up yet. Out went the horses and the goats got their stalls...lol. Horses don't melt like goats do!

13. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

My husband and I were just talking about this the other day! I said " I need you help to build" and he immediately said " NOT ANOTHER PEN, PLEASE! " LOL just cracked me up.

14. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

Kind of the same as "just this one more goat...it would be stupid to pass it up b/c (insert reason here)...then thats it for the rest of the year" :rofl He now knows that when I come up to him very seriously with the "i have something i need to tell you" talk that I have bought another goat!

15. Nancy

Nancy New Member

I don't even tell mine when we get a new one until he notices. Brough one home a year ago when we went to a buck show. Just put her out, a year later he still doesn't realize we brought her home. LOL

16. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Yup, horse stalls, dog pens, I've even put the big bucks into the horse arena when I needed their pen.

:biggrin Goat? What new goat? She's been here a whole year! Yup, I can see that conversation now.

Leslie

17. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

:rofl My husband and I just had that exact conversation about "okay just this one more goat and then no more. After this one... You can make your own." :rofl

I've had the same "talk" three animals ago. And sometime he's the culprit. Oh I just love goats...don't you! :biggrin

Kim

18. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

Yay, glad you got it figured out Wendy!! Totally know whatcha mean ;)!

19. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

20. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

5 BUCKS!!!! aaaaacckk! Hands over ears... :lol La la la... I can't hear you... :)