What a night!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Agape Oaks, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

Sparkler (my super wide doe) had triplet does....maybe polled When I went to check at 2 she was in labor, so I gathered my stuff & sat with her in our new freshening stall. After about 30 minutes, it was apparent that there was a problem. I got my gloves & checked & felt backbone with no legs or head- arrrgggghhhh.....she & I were both crying & I finally managed to get that baby turned a little & she came out with number 2 right behind her....both alive & strong-YEAH!.Think I'll name that doe Hallelujah! Before they were dry, number 3 was appearing! I snagged one of the kids as one is reserved to be raised on CAE prevention ( I test my goats 3 times a year,so normally do a comination dam/ bottle but this buyer wnats her raised that way & I'll ship her to her at 2 weeks of age). All 3 are red & white & very flashy long bodied kids. The bottle baby is in the living room in a storage tub & is so cute- she wags her tail every time she sees me. Sparky never knew I took one & is happy with the 2 she's got out there. I never did get back to bed- by the time I finished with getting Sparky warm water with electrolytes & food, milking some to heat for the bottle baby, getting the baby situated....it was 5 & almost time to get up again anyways....I'll be tired today!

Here's the bottle baby

[​IMG]

2. VickiLynne

VickiLynne New Member

Congratulations Pam on your triplet does!!! I'm glad everything went well for you.

Vicki in NC

3. BethW

BethW New Member

All does and a happy ending...congratulations! :biggrin

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Good Job. It pays to get up and go check on these girls when you know they are due doesn't it. :crazy Maybe you can catch a nap today. ;)

5. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

I'm glad everyone is okay. That must have been scary!

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

:handclap Congrats on all going well, and being three GIRLS>>>

7. CGFarm

CGFarm New Member

Congrats on the doelings!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Three Doelings! Yeah! Congrats! The bottle baby is soooo CUTE!

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WOW Good Job and 3 does to boot!! Cute cute cute.

10. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

No way to tell you how badly I wnat a nap......but I have to work- someone has to pay for that goat feed :)

11. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

how cute and congrats on the 3 does

12. Melissa

Melissa New Member

did you get to take her to work w/ you? I had a job that I could take bottle babies w/ me to feed them... the co-workers and people I took care of LOVED it. it was so much fun...
    well, adorable kid you/the customer has.

-Melissa

13. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Congrats!

Not to totally derail your thread, but I was wondering why you CAE test so often. We are debating not even doing it once a year, for the ones who have already tested negative more than once -- I am wondering why 3 times?

14. Josie

Josie New Member

Congrats!! I have never seen nigerian babies before i've been seeing the pix on here - TOO DARN CUTE!! I thought pygmy babies were the cutest, but I'm changing my mind. :)

15. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:crazy yeah! finally good news! All alive, all does, mama doing good, sounds wonderful!!! Congrats!! :biggrin

Andi in OK

16. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

I show a lot & am always concerned that I'll pick it up there.....I'm cautious about dumping my milk where it should be, but not everyone does. I know people do show CAE positive animals. If someone milks, spills or dumps some, my animals walk in it, then bring it to the pen & eat stuff off the ground..... Probably a bit of overkill to test as often as i do :), but since I partially dam raise, I like to be certain!

17. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I totally understand your concern. Where I show, some of the does are over uddered and leak in the ring. Then the other does following her are walking in the milk. I'm really glad when the judges confront them on this. I sure don't want my goats picking up CAE at the show. Kathie