western soaps

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Becky-DixieDoesAlpines, Jun 19, 2008.

1. There is a large western wear/gifts type store in town that always seems busy.
    I want to stop in and hawk my soaps:)
    I was thinking of renaming a few of my better sellers with western type names like Cowgirl,Trail Ride, etc to show them. Nothing naughty, not me :blush2
    Anyone have any good western name ideas and scents to match?
    Becky

2. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

Hi Becky,
    Are you talking about Western Ways? In addition to human soaps you might try to make a horse shampoo bar..superfatted. I'm working on one for a trimming clients's horse of mine who does not like the smell of horse shampoo....just lavender. One that repels bugs might go over well too. I wipe off between trims with water and citronella, etc, to keep bugs away... seems like a good idea for a horse shampoo bar too. I like the idea of a bar of soap for washing horses because my bottles always get spilled, wasted, etc. I've seen just about everything out on the trail, including clothes dryer sheets hanging off hats to repel bugs. How much nicer to stick some soap in my saddle bag that would keep bugs away??? I'm sorry, I'm not much help with names....but horse people will pay a lot for stuff they like. It should be a great market!
    Anita

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Rodeo Rider
    Cowgirl
    Sunset
    Roy & Dale
    Back in the Saddle
    Desert Winds
    Giddy UP
    Happy Trails
    Saddle Soap
    Campfire
    Can't think of any more right now.. Try goggle cowboy terms or words..
    Barbara

4. Belle

Belle New Member

Buckaroo
    Tumbleweed
    Rawhide - there is the name for the leather scent everybody keeps talking about, LOL
    Cactus Juice
    Stampede
    Desperado
    Wrangler
    Sasparilla

Thats about all I can think of for now. :D

5. Yes, Anita, Western Ways.
    Thanks for all the names evreryone. Now I have to match names to scents:)
    Becky

6. Nancy

Nancy New Member

whoa -for horse soap
    hi-ho silver
    on the trail
    lasso