Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on the oven last night to bake some bars. Opened it up 7 minutes later to put the bars in. OH CRAP! There is my Martha mold, melting thru the oven rack! %&(*@#*)!&%$ is what I said while talking to my mom on the phone! Threw the phone down and managed to get the rack and melted mess out okay and pitched it outside. DUH! I forgot I put it in there when I cleaned the kitchen on Sunday, thinking I was gonna make soap Sunday evening, but didn't feel good.

So, what's comparable to a Martha mold? it's the only one I had and I sure liked it. I just want something easy to use. Thanks

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Why not move to PVC pipe soap? There are just as many cool soaping techniques for making this round soap as square, and it's different! Or just make yourself a box the same size as your MM so it still holds your recipe you are used to. Or buy a new mold...I am itching to buy a new mold :) vicki

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Oh no....what a mess!

I'm going to try pvc pipe again. Only a smaller size than I tried last time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I'd have round bars then? I actually just had a new customer comment that the square bars are "sharp" until you use them a few times. She just rubs the bar all over herself, versus DH and I using sponges in the shower, so guess that would be pretty uncomfortable.

Where can I find out more about PVC soap? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
the loofa's we make according to Vicki are 18 in long 3 in pipe and get the end caps to fit the bottom stack 3 in a bucket will hold them upright for pouring put another cap on the top is a built in insulator. but I used mine without the top cap. I sprayed the inside with pam but u can use mylar or freezer paper too. you could also melt them by heating say a 2 in pipe with heat gun into an oval shape. for something different. then seal the end with freezer paper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts