Well, THAT was really freaky!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Qvrfullmidwife, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

I looked up from the computer to see a goat walking up the driveway.

Definitely NOT one of our goats--this was a jet black pygmy with a full set of horns!

The dc ran out, cornered her and then noticed her collar.

We have collars bought at the dollar store--they are all dog collars, all pink and brown with hearts all over them. NOT your typical goat collar.

The goat that went missing a 6 weeks ago was wearing just such a collar. Then this strange goat strolls up the drive with the same collar on.

:really :really :really

Just when I was really suspecting some bizarre stalking/conspiracy a pick up pulls up, and asks if we had seen a small black goat. "Man, thanks so much, that goat is my daughters, a gift from her boyfriend, I'd have been in deep trouble if she was missing when she got home from school..."

That was an odd, adrenaline charged way to meet the new neighbors! :laughcry

2. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

LeeAnne, that is freaky. It's the collar thing. The whole thing is odd.

3. Qvrfullmidwife

Yeah, without the collar it would be just a diversion to our day. With the collar ESPECIALLY if that guy didnt come looking for her...twilight zone time!

4. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Maybe you should ask your neighbor who he got the pigmy from ? I'd almost want to go look there, and see if my missing goat is around somewhere. It's probably just one of those things that can happen......kinda strange though, ain't it.

5. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Yes, go look....that goat may know something too....get it alone and threaten to slap it around some...good cop bad cop....of course, that black pygmy may spill it's guts for a cup of sweetfeed :D

6. Qvrfullmidwife

"that black pygmy may spill it's guts for a cup of sweetfeed "

or a buck...she was in raging heat :lol

7. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I would be tempted to go look at their place too to see if your missing goat was there. Same collar?? Hmmm.....

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WOW now that is strange tho they probably go to the dollar store too.

9. Qvrfullmidwife

and after discussing it with the dc they believe that this collar was a larger one of the same pattern, but man, I was seeing boogeymen behind every tree for an hr or so!

10. goatkid

goatkid New Member

When we find decent dog collars at the dollar store, seems every goat owner I know picks up a few of them. I'm just glad to know the little goat's owners have her back.