well, I guess we're not waiting for kids

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by SherrieC, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

that Darn Nubian Strawberry wine Every years gives birth early. Compounded by the fact I don't have a due date on her. But she wasn't even in with the buck 5 months ago. Shes about 4 days earlier then the earliest day to kid again! Another Pink doe kid 5 lbs, every year a pink doe kid and a Brown buck kid 6 lbs, every year. No teeth poking through their gums (meaning they are a few days early.)
    I went out to shave up goats and she was in the corner straining as much as I've lived in the barn this week I still didn't notice she is sneaky. at least we got everyone else shaved and hoof trimmed the 5 that didnt' get done last week, trimmed the Wild Bucks feet and wormed him, and relocated him out back. so we can move all the does and clean out their pen. oh boy what a loooooon g day.
    Denise you can tell keeper, nettie and june bug that they have a new little sister and brother. they are out of Keepers Dam, and the girls sire.

2. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Hey, I can relate to sneaky. One of my does, I knew she was in labor but she hadn't started even thinking about really straining (was in the lie down and get back up stage) no appreciable discharge AT ALL, so I ran up to the house to go to the bathroom. I wasn't gone 5 minutes and she popped out two kids while I was gone!

Modified:
    I meant, of course, to add, congratulations on your kids! Gee whiz. :blush

3. Necie@Lunamojo

[email protected] Active Member

Sounds like you had a BUSY day!! You tell a couple of them gals they better wait til I come over. :) Good news here, too...have a date on Junebug!! Keeper got her this morning. :) Writing down yesterday, though, cuz he could have got her while I was at work yesterday after 4. I noticed when I went down to do chores this morning that her tail was a MESS, wasn't like that yesterday. Then he turned into a blubbering fool and, well, ya know. ;) LOL Laughed so hard I almost fell over. (Sorry gals if I seem silly, but I'm new to goats...first time to see a blubbering buck live and in person. ROFLMAO)

4. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Killarney, our National Champion Yearling Fullblood Doe (2007) just kidded quadruplets - by herself!

1 Beautiful buck and 3 vigorous does. Yikes, what a start to the kidding season!

5. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Congrads for all those babies! This is such an exciting time. I still have about 6 weeks before kidding starts.
    Theresa

6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Whey to Go! :lol

7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Yes, they are hilarious, you have to wonder how the does can find their stench and antics attractive. :)

8. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

Yippee! That is exciting! :biggrin Congrats!

Edit: Congrats to you too Sherrie C. and everyone who has kids coming already! Now...Let's get pictures coming! I would LOVE to start seeing kid pics. :biggrin

9. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Denise, He's just in Love! : ) lol!
    Camille Wow! congradulations, Isn't that a lot of babies for her age?

10. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats Active Member

Wow, congratulations, y'all!

11. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Thanks, guys.

And yes, Sherri, that is a lot of kids for her age. (Have a new mineral they are on - wonder if it has anything to do with it?) Because she is definitely on the show string, we have pulled the buck and we are bottle feeding him. (Don't want her nursed down to nothing - while the judges understand that in the Dairy Goat world, they like animals in good flesh in the Boer show ring).

Rats. Boer kids can be so stupid, especially big bucks. Oh well, I guess you take the good with the extra work! :)

12. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

Wow Congrats everyone on the new ones!!

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congratulations to you both.

14. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Hey! Congratulations!!

15. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

Congrats to all :handclap
    Deana

16. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

:handclap to ALL ! I am drooling over the posts as I set here cold ,well I think it's cold anyway but then I see where you girls are posting from and already having doe's kid and I think BBbbRRrrrr :shudder

17. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Congratulations!! That's exciting! :)