Well, I guess she's not in heat...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Kalne, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

since she just gave birth! LOL Kidding season has officially begun. :)

This is one of our Kinders that we got last fall. Owner said it was 'possible' she was bred. We thought we saw her cycle along with her sister early on. But then we never saw signs again. We even had her in with our buck just a few weeks ago. Then this a.m. one of my dd's thought she looked a bit gooey so we thought maybe she was cycling. My oldest went out to check on her and there was a soaking wet kid. Good thing she went out when she did 'cause it's COLD. A single buckling (hope that's not a sign of what's to come!) with cute frosted ears. :) Momma had very little colostrum though (@ 1/2 cup). We've never had one that didn't udder up before kidding.

Kalne

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congratulations yep they will totally keep you guessing think that is part of the code of honor

3. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Congrats! I have a couple that have me guessing too :/

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Well...CONGRATS! and the worry is over!

Big joke anymore...(not at you, just in general) This doe never cycled through the whole breeding season! Then sometime in the Spring...they kid. Well, she did at one time and was running with a buck. :rofl

And the "cycling" off and on...I had one, too. Drove ME even crazier than I am...but, tee,hee...I KNOW I bred her, she missed a cycle then started the weird cycling, BUT, blood test SAID she is pregnant....so she can just tease those bucks all she wants! :twisted
    She and I both are blasted lucky I pulled blood BEFORE she got a uterine flush!!! :really
    Kaye