Well DRATS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Corky, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Corky

Corky New Member

I does NOT pay to leave even for one day.

We went to Joplin yesterday to pick up GS and when we came home we had two pregnant does stuck in the hay room without water.
    The other two does and 3 alpacas were stuck in the goat barn without water.
    There was some water in there but they drank it all.

And the worse thing of all is the doeling that was supposed to kid the second week of April was stuck in the gate to the buck pen struggling to get the rest of the way in. She had pried the gate open about 6 inches and squeezed in as far as she could and was kicking and bawling to get on in. I have no idea how long she had been there.

I undid the chain that holds that gate and she raced to the buck and stood for him like awe! Thats better!. DANG HER! I would worry she would miscarry but she is obviously NOT bred or at least wasn"t! Now if she is she will be due in July.
    Thats just great!

I remember commenting on the fact that when I put her in to be bred before she still wanted in every day for 5 days. She just did not settle. She looks fine but if she doesn't settle this time I am definately selling her. I don't care if she is registered. I am not going to feed a worthless doe. :crazy

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Darn what a day!! but boy do I know how that feels been there and done that. Always seems anytime you leave they can figure a way to get into trouble.

3. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

Sorry to hear that you can't take one day off. I hope she settled for you this time.

Deana