Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK doing some pre-kidding stuff here and one of my does weight taped a rather incredulous number....

She IS a LARGE doe. She is a LM/Nubian cross born in 2005... this is her 3rd freshening...

She has been around 160-170lbs...

We could not find the weight tape at first and using a sewing tape and Fiasco farms chart she was 41 1/2" = 190lbs...

that surprised me enough my dh tracked down the weight tape... but she is TOO BIG for it.. she is 2 3/4in PAST the 195lb line!

113cm or 44 1/4in off the chart on fiasco farms too....

I am doing the Ivermectin Plus and REALLY need to be sure on her weight...

yes measuring in the right place... this is just a BIG goat, but again... I did not think THAT big.

Most of my does though... are big... 2 at 163, 1 at 165, 1 at 170 (Cinn's mom).....

So is it UNlikely she is really this big?
What weight would you call her for the worming dose??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah I have heard/seen pix of Nubian does who are over 200 lbs. I would think she's probably around 190.

Suriyah

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... I dosed her based on 210.... so praying...

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Yep I have does who weigh the whole weigh tape plus 6 to 8 inches at 100 days bred...it's what you want. They will look excellent when they freshen and are in milk. It also shows your cool weather worms are under control. Vicki

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh good to know! Thanks Vicki! Cinn is one who is out of a buck from you... first doe on my farm.... one of my top 3 milkers...

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
But of course :) Those heavy wieghts can milk :) Vicki

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does over 200 pounds?!?! :faint Thank goodness I have Nigerian Dwarfs!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol But Cinn is a gentle giant... the biggest baby of the bunch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts