We reserved a doe kid!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Dover Farms, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

From Hoanbu Dairy Goats!

Our 1st choice is Hoanbu FM Full of Possibility AI bred to *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir. That breeding will make a pedigree like this:
    SS: *B Kastdemur's Hasta La Vista
    Sire: *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir
    SD: Kastdemur's Ava 4*M
    DS: Kastdemur's Full Monty
    Dam: Hoanbu FM Full of Possibility AI
    DD: GCH Hoanbu Status Diamond Pearl 1*M(daughter of GCH +*B Lakeshore-Farms Star Status)

Our 2nd choice is Hoanbu Blazin Hot Gillette AI bred to *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir.
    That breeding will make a pedigree like this:
    SS: *B Kastdemur's Hasta La Vista
    Sire: *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir
    SD: Kastdemur's Ava 4*M
    DS: SGCH ++*B Wingwood Farm Blazin Tamerlane
    Dam: Hoanbu Blazin Hot Gillette AI
    DD: Hoanbu Status Geminia Gretchen 4*M(also a daughter of GCH +*B Lakeshore-Farms Star Status)

Both breedings should produce wonderful kids! I am so excited! Sibby was BJDIS under Karen Senn at the Buckeye Classic this year! And Gillette was 1st place Int.(I think that was the class) kid at the NAILE Show just a few weeks ago! Woo Hoo! :biggrin

2. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

:wow

I know how you feel, I ordered two doe kids from Sara! I can’t wait to see what they produce with my herd sire, http://www.adgagenetics.org/SireDetail.asp?RegNumber=N001427353

Exit Stage Right X Heat Wave

SS: KASTDEMUR'S AT YOUR SERVICE
    SIRE: LAKESHORE ACE SUMMER HEAT WAVE
    SD: LAKESHORE-FARMS SUMMER STORM
    DS: KASTDEMUR'S CROWN EXCESS
    DAM: BLISSBERRY EXIT STAGE RIGHT
    DD: LAKESHORE-FARMS FOXY FLIRT

Topaz X Full Monty

SS: KASTDEMUR'S LH FULL SERVICE
    SIRE: KASTDEMUR'S FULL MONTY
    SD: WOODEN-BRIDGE BANNER'S MIRACLE
    DS: LAKESHORE-FARMS WILD AT HEART
    DAM: BLISSBERRY WILD TOPAZ
    DD: LAKESHORE-FARMS VICTORIAN LACE

Second choices are Antiquity and Fashion Show, both are bred to Show Me The Money.

Here's hoping it's a doe year :crazy

Christy

3. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

:biggrinIsn't that exciting. Now the long wait.

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

I'm with ya Christy! Please Lord, Please let this be a doe year! PLEASE! :biggrin

Yup.....that long dreaded wait! :shudder :jawdrop :shocked :tearhair *GASP!*

5. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

yes, PLEASE a doe year. I have deposits on two does from Southfork this year...

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Yep we have two kids order out of the south's best secret "Glen-Mythos", they have some awesome animals, I bought two kids this year and have ordered a buck and doe this coming year and will probably end up with three....

Autumn

7. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

How exciting! I hope everyone gets their 1st choices.

Trisha

8. Melissa

Melissa New Member

wishing you guys the best of luck!!!

-Mleissa

9. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

:biggrin Does, does, does! :biggrin That's our chant around here! I'm excited enough about my family milk does kidding! I remeber waiting patiently for our doeling last year that we bought from our local breeder! How wonderful and exciting it was to get the pictures emailed to us! It was very exciting to finally go to pick her us! She's with my daughter on my Avatar! Does, does, does! Everybody, now!

10. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati New Member

I'm not ever saying who I have deposits on again, as long as I live...they are never born if I do :sniffle

11. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

I would love to put a deposit on some doelings from either Southfork or Meyer's - but I am pretty sure my hubby would really bulk at having to drive that far. Maybe I could have them flown out here! Hmmm....I am going to have to give that some thought!

12. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I remember how anxious I was waiting for Lisa's does to kid in 2006.

My next reservation will not be for another year or so and will be my next Nubian buck. I'm anxious and it is still just a dream...lol

13. Katarina

Katarina New Member

"Maybe I could have them flown out here! "

Yep, fly 'em out. Had one flown from Lynnhaven and then the next yr from Southfork. Much easier than driving to CO or NY!

14. prairiecomforts

Katie - How expensive was it to have your doeling shipped? Did you have any problems with it? I am a little scared to do it. I had a friend that had a bad experience flying in a puppy last year - but am thinking that may be the only way I am able to get something from those bloodlines.

15. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

With the airline I check on about flying in a buck....DeltaPets.com, it was a min. of $172.00...but considering it was coming from N.M and it's about 18 hrs. to drive (one way)...it would have been cheaper to fly it here.

It's the width X length x height of crate x's so many $$ up to 20#'s. I can't remember all the details now. It's not that big of a deal...it's the worry (mine) about kid in flight that is the big deal. ;)

Vicki has another way of flying them...maybe she'll chime in and give her's.
    Kaye

16. prairiecomforts

Trisha - I had to laugh when I read about what you said about driving to get goats and using that to justify a "vacation!" Last spring we drove down past Souix Falls to get some Lamancha does and when I called mom to tell her how happy I was that we were finally going to be able to get away - she asked me "How many goats are you going to get!" She knew right away it was more than a vacation!

17. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Myra, Check it out we had a buckling flown in from CA to Sioux Falls this spring using Delta and since we were in their same zone (So. Dak. is) it was very reasonable, it was $225. You can't drive very far on that anymore.
    Tim

18. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Yep! We drove out to MO last fall for two goats! :biggrin

19. Melissa

Melissa New Member

if you don't mind my asking, who?

20. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Nope....I don't mind you asking! ;) Jasper and Willow.