Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Hoanbu Dairy Goats!

Our 1st choice is Hoanbu FM Full of Possibility AI bred to *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir. That breeding will make a pedigree like this:
SS: *B Kastdemur's Hasta La Vista
Sire: *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir
SD: Kastdemur's Ava 4*M
DS: Kastdemur's Full Monty
Dam: Hoanbu FM Full of Possibility AI
DD: GCH Hoanbu Status Diamond Pearl 1*M(daughter of GCH +*B Lakeshore-Farms Star Status)

Our 2nd choice is Hoanbu Blazin Hot Gillette AI bred to *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir.
That breeding will make a pedigree like this:
SS: *B Kastdemur's Hasta La Vista
Sire: *B Kastdemur's Au Revoir
SD: Kastdemur's Ava 4*M
DS: SGCH ++*B Wingwood Farm Blazin Tamerlane
Dam: Hoanbu Blazin Hot Gillette AI
DD: Hoanbu Status Geminia Gretchen 4*M(also a daughter of GCH +*B Lakeshore-Farms Star Status)

Both breedings should produce wonderful kids! I am so excited! Sibby was BJDIS under Karen Senn at the Buckeye Classic this year! And Gillette was 1st place Int.(I think that was the class) kid at the NAILE Show just a few weeks ago! Woo Hoo! :biggrin

G

·
:wow

I know how you feel, I ordered two doe kids from Sara! I can't wait to see what they produce with my herd sire, http://www.adgagenetics.org/SireDetail.asp?RegNumber=N001427353

Exit Stage Right X Heat Wave

SS: KASTDEMUR'S AT YOUR SERVICE
SIRE: LAKESHORE ACE SUMMER HEAT WAVE
SD: LAKESHORE-FARMS SUMMER STORM
DS: KASTDEMUR'S CROWN EXCESS
DAM: BLISSBERRY EXIT STAGE RIGHT
DD: LAKESHORE-FARMS FOXY FLIRT

Topaz X Full Monty

SS: KASTDEMUR'S LH FULL SERVICE
SIRE: KASTDEMUR'S FULL MONTY
SD: WOODEN-BRIDGE BANNER'S MIRACLE
DS: LAKESHORE-FARMS WILD AT HEART
DAM: BLISSBERRY WILD TOPAZ
DD: LAKESHORE-FARMS VICTORIAN LACE

Second choices are Antiquity and Fashion Show, both are bred to Show Me The Money.

Here's hoping it's a doe year :crazy

Christy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm with ya Christy! Please Lord, Please let this be a doe year! PLEASE! :biggrin

Yup.....that long dreaded wait! :shudder :jawdrop :shocked :tearhair *GASP!*

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yes, PLEASE a doe year. I have deposits on two does from Southfork this year...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep we have two kids order out of the south's best secret "Glen-Mythos", they have some awesome animals, I bought two kids this year and have ordered a buck and doe this coming year and will probably end up with three....

Autumn

·
Registered
298 Posts
:biggrin Does, does, does! :biggrin That's our chant around here! I'm excited enough about my family milk does kidding! I remeber waiting patiently for our doeling last year that we bought from our local breeder! How wonderful and exciting it was to get the pictures emailed to us! It was very exciting to finally go to pick her us! She's with my daughter on my Avatar! Does, does, does! Everybody, now!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm not ever saying who I have deposits on again, as long as I live...they are never born if I do :sniffle

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would love to put a deposit on some doelings from either Southfork or Meyer's - but I am pretty sure my hubby would really bulk at having to drive that far. Maybe I could have them flown out here! Hmmm....I am going to have to give that some thought!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I remember how anxious I was waiting for Lisa's does to kid in 2006.

My next reservation will not be for another year or so and will be my next Nubian buck. I'm anxious and it is still just a dream...lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
"Maybe I could have them flown out here! "

Yep, fly 'em out. Had one flown from Lynnhaven and then the next yr from Southfork. Much easier than driving to CO or NY!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Katie - How expensive was it to have your doeling shipped? Did you have any problems with it? I am a little scared to do it. I had a friend that had a bad experience flying in a puppy last year - but am thinking that may be the only way I am able to get something from those bloodlines.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
With the airline I check on about flying in a buck....DeltaPets.com, it was a min. of $172.00...but considering it was coming from N.M and it's about 18 hrs. to drive (one way)...it would have been cheaper to fly it here.

It's the width X length x height of crate x's so many $$ up to 20#'s. I can't remember all the details now. It's not that big of a deal...it's the worry (mine) about kid in flight that is the big deal. ;)

Vicki has another way of flying them...maybe she'll chime in and give her's.
Kaye

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trisha - I had to laugh when I read about what you said about driving to get goats and using that to justify a "vacation!" Last spring we drove down past Souix Falls to get some Lamancha does and when I called mom to tell her how happy I was that we were finally going to be able to get away - she asked me "How many goats are you going to get!" She knew right away it was more than a vacation!

·
Registered
224 Posts
prairiecomforts said:
Maybe I could have them flown out here! Hmmm....I am going to have to give that some thought!
Myra, Check it out we had a buckling flown in from CA to Sioux Falls this spring using Delta and since we were in their same zone (So. Dak. is) it was very reasonable, it was $225. You can't drive very far on that anymore.
Tim

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep! We drove out to MO last fall for two goats! :biggrin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope....I don't mind you asking! ;) Jasper and Willow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts