We did it!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Little Moon, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

After much procrastination on my part, DS and I drew blood this afternoon. He can spot the vein long before I can. Thanks to everyone for sharing their pointers - I really needed them, and kind of felt like everyone here was "cheering me on" while I did it.

Anne

2. Belle

Belle New Member

Congratulations on a job well done! :handclap

3. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

:yeahthat Way to go.

Wendy

4. Congrats. Im gonna have to draw blood for CAE Testing...never drew blood before but Im sure I'll be able to. Read up on it enough. lol :)

5. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I am so jealous! Our club (VSGBA, Volunteer State Goat Breeders Association) is going to have that as our educational componant at this months meeting...so, hopefully I will be good to go. It is just too costly to pay the vet to come out to the farm for this sort of stuff.

GOOD JOB,

Paula

6. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Cool! It's not something you ever forget once you learn, and goats are pretty easy to learn on. Once you get over the "she's going to bleed to death if I poke her jugular" complex it's no big deal. ;)

I have always liked drawing blood, would've gone into phlebotomy if not for the disease risk in human medicine. It's a challenge to me I guess. :biggrin

7. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Great Job Anne! Next time it will be even easier.

8. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

Congrats! I'm still working up my nerve to do it :shudder

9. Terry

Terry Member

10. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Start when the girls are on the milk stand. I find the vein is near were the wattles are {if your goat has them} Practice finding the vein. I never do by sight only feel.

Patty

11. Leo

Leo New Member

Congrats! Once you get over that initial hurdle, it's easy.