Waller, Tomball, Magnolia area folks

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by laughter777, Jul 17, 2008.

1. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I know there are a few of you...where do you get feed, alfalfa pellets (if you use them), minerals, BOSS, etc...
    Do we have a nearby co-op or anything??? I have been going between TSC and 2 feed stores (D&D on 2920 and Country Hardware on Nichol's Sawmill) (TSC for minerals, Country Hardware for alfalfa, D&D for the grain I feed although may try something else....) Need to price BOSS at Country Hardware......

Just curious where y'all go that are near me.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

2. Katarina

Katarina New Member

We go to the Co-op in collage station and TSC most of the time in Tomball, but sometimes on the way to the co-op we go to the one in Navasota.

3. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

About how far is the coop in CS and what do you get for how much? I am trying to see if it might be worth it to get goat, horse, cow, and chicken feed there or just keep going close by.

Thanks,
    Sarah

4. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

We get Alfalfa pellets at Mike's Country Hardware on Nichols Sawmill, and our BOSS at D&D.

5. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Does Mike's have BOSS??? I priced at D&D and then at Mike's but forgot to price BOSS there. I wish they sold shavings and Bluebonnet Tech Master Mineral then I would never have to go anywhere else!!!

6. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Mom says that prices at the co-op depend on what type of feed you need and how much.

The co-op is about 50 miles from us.

7. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I always forget that CS is that far!! I think I might stick with the local stuff. Do you have a number for the coop...then I can call and get prices of what we need and compare the gas $ with the local feed!!

8. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

Mike's does not have BOSS or shavings, but I'll ask the lady who works there about ordering it.

We try to buy anything we can there to support local businesses.

9. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Maybe if a couple of us ask they might order BOSS. I know Mike told us that he quit hay because it was a hassle!! Wish I didn't have to babysit tomorrow night...I'm missing Catfish night!!

Sarah

10. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Went to Mike's...they had BOSS 50lbs for 26.78, D&D is 26.50. But I think I will pay $0.28 more since I get almost everything else there!!

11. Katarina

Katarina New Member

how much is alfalfa pellets at mikes? at the co-op it is $9.10 per 50lb bag

12. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I don't remember. I think when I go get BOSS (I really need it before I can go to the coop) I may get a price for everything I need:
    Alfalfa Pellets
    BOSS
    Whole Oats

Thats just for the goats. Right now I feed horses and cows Lonestar AllStock, but would like to mix my own out of oats and something else.

Then when I have a list of what Mike's charges for everything I need, I can call the co-op and find out what it would cost for my list then figure in gas, how long it lasts, etc. So I can see if it is cheaper to go with Mike's or Co-op.

Sarah