Vicki's custom kelsei mold

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by homeacremom, Aug 18, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

How are you liking your custom mold, Vicki?
    Are you using the liner?
    Is there still a chance that others can order it too? We are liking the large MM sized bars, so this mold seems like a good option. I just HAVE to find something like a tray mold for swirling, yet want logs, and something that unmolds easily. :crazy

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I love it.

I will be ordering 5 more so I can pretty much only have to use them...using the MM for before Christmas.

Yes I use the liner everytime. The soap does not stick to the sides if you give it awhile in the mold, like 24 hours...I don't have that kind of time so I flip the mold over, take off the bottom, peel off the liner and then run a knife around the edges, push the soap down, it works wonderful. With two classes over the weekend I had soap in the mold for just over 24 hours, now it came right out like Rita tells you it does. Also alot are using sodium lactate, but just running the knife works so well I won't even try it now.

The liner is thick and slick, no lines at all on the bottom of your soap, none, it is also heavy duty and you can tell it isn't going to rip anytime soon, it also doesn't bleed color.

The mold will cut 24, 6 ounce bars with slivers off each end. You pour the whole mold and then insert the 3 deviders just like the martha molds look then and the top is your swirl or texture. Or you can pour it deep and cut the same size bars but the top is actually the side of your bar. And both ways of cutting this bar fit into my same miter box.

Cool cool..several on the forum have seen it, and the soap it has made, I am super happy and totally recommend them, it's a quality mold, I mean it really is beautiful...my husband was impressed with the craftsmanship. And nope don't make any money off of this.

I am pretty sure you could just email Rita and tell her you want a mold just like you made Vicki, I had told her I was telling my forum about the molds. You should get the same price. If it's custom as in I have to give my permission tell me and I will give it. Vicki

3. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

Vicki - the new ones you are ordering - are they the same as the first one you've been discussing? Or are you having them make it slightly larger so you can cut a full 9 bars per log?

PJ

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, I am leaving them as is, otherwise I will have one mold here that won't match. It's not worth fixing or having to remember to tweak one batch of soap. Vicki