Vet Referral Cut and Shoot TX Area

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by pjt367, Nov 10, 2014.

1. pjt367

pjt367 Member

I need a goat vet referral for the Cut and Shoot Texas area. I need to get a stool sample done on some 6th month old buck kids I have there. We are having problems with diahrea. I don't know if it is from cocci or poisining.

A referal to someone with botany knowledge would be good too. I would like to have someone come out and advise me about what is poisonous and what is not on the 2 properties we want to use for goats.

Thanks so much for the help.

2. ConnieM

ConnieM New Member

I don't know any in that area, but you could call Dr. Cody Pohler in Wharton, TX. He's only a couple of hours from Cut and Shoot, so may know someone in that area. His clinic number is 979-532-1431. He is good with goats, so hopefully he can help you.

3. pjt367

pjt367 Member

Thanks

Thanks so much. I decided to go with a vet I found online in Cleveland. Alldredge Animal Hospital. He was confident with the information he told me. They have a bad case of worms. He said I should treat them every 21 days no matter what wormer I use. He suggested Synanthic. I'm going to create a new thread to ask about that worming schedule and drug.

Thanksk again.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Buck

worming every 21 day is not good advice. I would find another vet.