Vet in Navasota / Brenham area please....

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Linda Carney, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Linda Carney

Linda Carney New Member

Some time ago I recall talk about a good vet in the Brenham / College Station area?

There is a monastery in Navasota -- the nuns there need help with one of their does. The doe dislocated a back hip yesterday and she needs a good vet to put the joint back into place. Thanks --Linda

2. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

The Navasota/Beard Vet clinic is in Navasota. (936)825-3877 I won't say they know a ton about goats, but they are sure nice. They are always very nice to give me the meds I need without having to haul a bunch of goats up there. I'm sure they would know what to do with a hip. It may just be isolation and banamine.

Wendy

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

A&M Vet college is in College Station

4. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

I told them Beard Navasota, we have been pleased with them.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Thanks Linda, I got their message just a few minutes ago. vicki

6. Linda Carney

Linda Carney New Member

Thank you all so much! The nuns at the monastery are especially nice. Last year Vicki gave them my number during breeding season. They couldn't breed at the monastery and wanted to bring their boer goat to my place for breeding. They brought a large pan of bakalava (sp) as a blessing for the kindness and wanted to pay for the service as well. I didn't take their money. Since then, when there have been problems with their goats they call me, 75 miles away -- it is not just a casual trip to trim hooves. Thank you for helping the sisters -- I have absolutely no experience with vets in that area. LeeAnne, do you want to adopt a greek monastery? :): Linda

7. Katarina

Katarina New Member

We actually wouldnt mind helping. We are much closer than you, I think. I already told her that she could likely come here for breeding and that was BEFORE I knew that baklava could be in the offing LOL

8. NubianSoaps.com

Yeah I started helping them first and I didn't get any baklava!!! Oh yeah come to think of it I helped them out by helping them find you Linda :) :rofl

Katie it would be wonderful if you could help them out. Vicki

9. Linda Carney

Linda Carney New Member

Thanks LeeAnne and Katie! But do be careful with the bakalava -- it is better than any I have ever had! And I do believe that there must be some special ingredient in it that promotes weight gain, because I have not lost any weight since!

Be sure to visit them on New Year's Day, they make the best holiday bread, has a coin in it to represent the magi. Remember that they are Greek and will expect you to eat even when you are not hungry!

Vicki, it may be for the best that we save each other from the "curse of the bakalava"! :biggrin Linda

10. NubianSoaps.com

Oh and don't forget the skirts you have to put on if you come in jeans :) Sorry you get the goat Queen in jeans, I don't wear skirts, someone may snap a photo and then I would be outted!

They are very sweet ladies and they have the very best cheese! Greek Parmasean! Vicki