Value of milking machine

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by RadioFlyer, Sep 26, 2008.

1. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer New Member

About a year ago we traded a torpedo heater for an older milking machine used on goats by our friend's grandfather. We haven't had the vacuum pump running yet - haven't had the need to, but it supposedly runs fine. There's a Surge bucket (?) and everything's there but needs some lines and hoses replaced, as well as the inflations. What would be a ballpark value providing it works well? I won't keep it as we have a smaller, portable one as well. I'd trade for nice hay! :yes

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Picture might help...brand on pump & motor and also brand of bucket . how many is it set up to milk at once ?

Patty

3. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer New Member

I think it's only set up for one goat. It'sa Surge bucket, not sure about the pump. I can get pics in a couple days. It's in the garage now with stuff all around it - getting ready to have a yard sale.

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well get all the info on the pump and motor if there is one and also go take a look on EBAY and see what they are going for. I bought my surge bucket/lid/pulsator there for $40 and with shipping costs abt. $75 then I had to rebuild the pulsator buy hoses and shels and inflations. plus a pump. best guess would be any where from $300 to $500 for your set up.