valbazen ??

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by susie, Apr 9, 2008.

1. susie

susie New Member

I wormed my doe 10 days ago with cydectin , today I was planning on worming with Valbazen-- I've never used it before, but does that seem reasonable? Or I can do Cydectin again, but those are the only wormers i have... Doe has big loose stools, no pellets at all...? TRying to figure out a good routine here
    Thanks!

Susie

2. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

If she is not pregnant you could use it. You don't want to deworm a pregnant goat with Valbazen. Dosage is 1cc/10#.

3. susie

susie New Member

oh yep she's not pregnant-- this is the post kidding worming

Susie

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yep if that is all you have then use the Valbazen Ivormec plus as your second wormer post kidding is better but I used Valbazen for a number of years.

5. susie

susie New Member

Thanks guys!
    I was thinking the same thing about the ivremec plus, but since I don't have it...

thanks again!

6. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

If you are drinking the milk, I would stick with Cydectin or use Eprinex, personally.
    I am not sure about withdrawal on the ones with a flukicide like Plus and Valbazen...does anyone else know about that?
    When we first got goats it was recommended to us that we only use the Plus when they were bred, not milking. That's our 100 days wormer.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Valbazen and Ivermectin Plus both have flukecides in them, but Valbazen only has 48 hour milk withdrawals on it. Ivermectin products are way up near 30 days.

Valbazen also gets the 4th stage larve of HC that Cydectin doesn't. It also gets tapes and lungworm. So being so much more broader spectrum if any of these things are a problem in your area, Valbazen is a nice after Cydectin wormer in the spring. Vicki

8. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Good to know on Valbazen withdrawal, thanks.

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Lisa, Valbazen was new back when I was dairying :) So it was what I used during the lactation. Vicki