Update on doe that aborted PICS

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Feral Nature, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

In January, it was apparent that 2 of my does, my two 3rd fresheners, 2 sisters and my most dependable heavy milkers had both aborted. Both Sugar and Spice. Well, Spice is full of surprises and apparently kids:

Taken in January

[​IMG]

Taken today and due any time now. She is doing all the things expectant does do and is much rounder than this photo shows:

[​IMG]

2. Jennie

Jennie Guest

That's great news! I'm so happy for you.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

4. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Thanks, I am thrilled as I want a doeling from her so very bad. Spice is a favorite of mine. Lots of milk, great manners and disposition. I like the way she carries herself, she reminds me of an Arabian in a field of Clydesdales. Her history: First kidding, dead, decomposed buckling almost imposible to get out, the day I had tons of dental work, it was the night from hades. Second kidding nice healthy triplet bucklings. Then this year...and I thought she aborted.....I WANT A LIVE DOELING!

But really, I want the milk and I felt so lost with the thought of not having her in my milk string that I am just glad she will be kidding at all. Sadly, he sister has no udder now at all and has past her kidding date.

5. Brit.Tex

Brit.Tex New Member

How wonderful that Spice is giving you a good surprise! Looks like it won't be long now too!

6. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

How wonderful! :D Hope you get a doeling!
    I had one of my does do that last year. Six weeks after breeding the neighbors started developing next door. All that heavy equipment scared those girls to the point of running constantly. Only one aborted and I tried rebreeding her, but wasn't sure she took. She delivered on her original due date w/ a single buckling.

7. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

I don't know what was going on with this doe in January. Wet tail, swollen vulva. Her sis the same way. I am just wondering if perhaps Spice maybe aborted just one kid. I never found a fetus but the Pyrenees would have immediately disposed of it. Very odd.

8. wow! goodluck with her!!! Hope she has a healthy doe kid for ya.

9. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Well that is great news! Here's to a couple of LIVE doelings for you.
    K

10. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

That is AWESOME news....keep us posted on those babies...