Typing Babies discussion

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by J-Basqo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

I just wanted some input on how everyone judges babies type wise. Since I will be buying some goats as infants this year and trying to pick out which babies to keep when selling my own kids and evaluations have to be made when they are quite young, I just wanted to know what you all look for and what is a good age to tell. I know that with dogs and rabbits the guideline is at 8 weeks old they are basically an exact replica of what they will be as an adult. What things will/wont improve as a doeling matures?? I know the wider, longer and leveler the better at any age but I just wanted some discussion on other things to look for so I (and other newbies) make the best decision we can when buying kids and evaluating our own.
    Thanks!!
    Patina

2. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

You pick out the spottiest little ones with the Longest ear right? and also the Loudest most obnoxious spoiled baby you can. :biggrin

4. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Sherrie, you are sooo right! Unless their are major differences I always go with the one with the dark ears :crazy

5. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

Sorry, I was unable to go online long enough to read up on the forum for several weeks. I got a little behind!! And since I had intended on asking this question forever ago I didnt think to look the subject up! Thanks! :)
    Patina