Treatment for mange, mites and fleas

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by dukefarm, Apr 3, 2014.

1. dukefarm

dukefarm dukefarm

I just purchased two nigerian dwarfs about 8 weeks old. I noticed some scabs on tips of ears and nose and my buck has a spot close to his eye that is also questionable. I have permethrin 10. I had used it on a different doe for mange a yr ago after everything else didn't work. And since I have the solution I would prefer to use it instead of buying something else. The problem is I have seem to lost the instructions. How do you figure out the solution mix? And what method do you prefer to use to apply it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Dairy Goat Forum mobile app

2. Rose

Rose New Member

Instructions from Amazon.com's page for this product.

Emulsifiable animal & premise spray with 28-day residual effect. Kills horseflies, stable flies, lesser houseflies and other manure breeding flies, fleas, lice, mites & ticks, including deer ticks. Aids in the control of cockroaches, mosquitoes, spiders, mange mites, gnats, face flies, hornflies, horseflies, ear ticks, blowflies, hog lice, poultry mites & northern fowl mites. For pests on dog premises, dilute 8oz in 6.25 gallons of water or 1 quart in 25 gallons of water. For kennels, doghouses, runs and yards, thoroughly wet pet breeding or resting areas to run-off. Do not spray feed, food or water. Repeat as needed but not more often than once every 2 weeks. Horses: dilute 2oz in 1 gallon of water or dilute 1 pint in 2.5 gallons of water. Spot treatment, low-pressure spray; apply 1/2oz per ear or 2-4oz on face or 12-16oz along back line.

3. Tindi

Tindi New Member

I was reading about this on the internet and people who had scabies were mixing 1/2 and 1/2 with lotion in a zip lock bag and rubbing it on their skin for scabies. I guess you could do the same with goats and treat the dry skin as well? I am dealing with mites again this spring with my one goat. The ivermec does not work with him. I've tried the injection and the pour on. I find shaving and lathering him with nu-stock and dusting him with pyrethrin is the only thing that knocks them down.
    I should add that my goat is also a nigerian dwarf.

Last edited: May 1, 2017