Treating a doe with uterine infection

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Rambar Ranch, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

OK, I must be stupid because I know this was talked about not to long ago and know i can't find it. I have a doe I can't seem to get bred. Constantly coming in heat every 3 weeks but I'm almost always getting a seperate heat 9-10 days after first one. I've tried treating her with the cystorelin treatment and that didn't seem to work. What type of antibiotic and at what dosage do I need to give to treat her?

She had a single kid last year with no complications and didn't even have to go in for any reason so she's got me stumped. She's just 4 years old and I've never had trouble breeding her in the past.

Thanks, Ray

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

In goatkeeping 101 is Sues' article on getting that doe bred. Lutelyse so her cervic is open to infuse the udder with tetracycline. Which you would have to do now...then CIDR so you can force heat...PG600 so you can force ovualtion and perhaps even Cysterellon as you see her being bred in case she is cystic. I did all this and some more hocus pocus...we shall see next week if it worked. Vicki

3. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

Why does infusing the udder help treat a uterine infection?

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Vicki is on drugs :) she means uterus

5. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

ok, I was thinking that but just wanted to make sure it was going over my head or something, lol.
    Ray

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

OK, off to bed again, this cold is kicking my behind...Vicki