I have a little buckling that due to circumstances (trying to figure out if he was a keeper) is now 5 weeks old and I didn't disbud. I am going to keep him and want to know my best options. The banding seems to get mixed results and reviews. If I could find a vet who does the surgery properly and for a decent price, is it better to do it soon while he is younger - or wait til he is a certain age/weight/size? He is over 30#s at this point and is being dam raised similar to how Tim Pruit lays it out in his article over in goatkeeping 101. Thanx for the advice.