Too early to clip?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stacy adams, May 10, 2008.

1. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I have a very shaggy buck that desperately needs a haircut. I gave him a bath today, but It was nice and sunny. Just wanted to know what you folks thought.. thanks!

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

I did a marathon clip last of April. Everyone feels so much better with out all the winter coats.
    Kaye

3. hehe down there I would be clipping my does but up here still too chilly at night for that. :( I like my girls being clipped. They look so much better. Lol

4. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Yea, he has some LONG, shaggy, last years, sun-bleached hair, mostly on his back & shoulder area. I'm going to do before & after pics!

5. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I'd love to see the before and after pics. That would be something to see. :)

6. I always like seeing the before and after pics. My does dont even look like the same goat when I clip them. Lol.

7. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

My bucks were clipped last week for the buck show today. All the girls will start getting clips this week - I generally always start clipping the first of May.

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hope you didn't clip him yesterday in 90 degree weather to wake up this morning at 50 and freezing his bunns off :) That wind is cold

9. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

I clipped my boys yesterday. They look sooooo handsome. It was hot yesterday, and today it is a bit chilly and supposed to rain. Darn. They are not shivering though. They really seemed to like the whole thing. Goof Balls.

10. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Yep, Sondra it was hot yesterday - we were about to melt in our shoes before the show was over. There were only a few bucks there, that had not been clipped, and honestly, none of them placed well. One of the judges just kinda ignored the unclipped ones. Dread getting started on all my girls, but it's got to be done!

11. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Re: Too early to clip? PICS

Ok, here he is Unclipped..
    [​IMG]

and now Clipped.. I thought he looked handsome with his beard, so I left it.
    [​IMG]

12. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

No, I didn't clip him yesterday in the heat. I knew it was going to get chilly, which his why I asked. He he has been romping ever since! :)

13. Truly

Truly New Member

He looks so nice and shiney now.

No clipping in Wyoming yet. We may get snow tonite.

14. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH look how pretty he looks now!!

15. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I love the before and after pictures. He looks very nice.

16. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

That is a great before and after shot! He sure looks Handsome! :)

17. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:lol He even thinks he looks better!! Look how much it raised his rump angle.

Oh,My GOSH...a Nubian with a beard! I've got to clip my Yak of a Togg buck for LA. You wanna' see drastic improvement! I'll try to get pictures before and after. No promises because it's a fight to the finish to clip him! There's no getting him on the milkstand, so it's tie and clip a moving target!
    Kaye

18. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep Kenny starts this Saturday, customers and all...one more thing they can watch and learn. Ours boys don't really grow much really long hair this far south, but boy it sure makes them gleem. Vicki

19. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

He's lovely. ...glad you left the beard. :)

We don't clip. I figure we have enough to do without giving our goats haircuts. ...heck, I don't remeber the last time I had my hair cut, if you don't count hacking at it myself with dull scissors.;)

20. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Nice clip job Stacy, but for goodness sakes... cut off his beard! :D

Sara