Time to Deworm those boers Linda and others

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Cotton Eyed Does, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

During the winter I didn't deworm my boer goats that often. They were pregnant and I gave them a shot of Ivermec once and fed them a couple bags of the Postiive Pellet Dewormer. A couple of days ago I noticed bottle jaw starting to form on one of my does already. She is one that I purchased in January so she did not get the Ivermec shot I gave my other girls, but did get the Positive Pellet Dewormer.

So anyway, just a heads up .... it is time to hit those boer goats hard again with the dewormers and keep it up so she don't have problems like we did last year. I have dewormed mine with Cydectin and the one with the bottle jaw I waited 3 days and dewormed her again with Cydectin. These 4 girls are all heavy bred and the other 3 were not showing any signs of worm burdens but they got dewormed anyway.

2. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Thanks for reminding me Chris ! So far I have had no problems but I am a expert poop raker :biggrin, I rake just about everyday and have poop for mulching all my fruit trees. I have horrors when it starts raining and I have gave them positive pellets every month and Iveremectin + in March and also Levasole tablets April 1st. however my 7 baby kids that are almost 1 month old have not had anything except a tiny amount of positive pellets and I will worm them this week with Ivermectin + at about 3/4cc orally .