Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
:sniffle We have been having some winter weather in SW Utah, elevation over 5200 ft. Our coldest was -3*, two weeks ago. We got three inches of snow last light and snow flurries today. I spent last year's Christmas bonus on a 16 gallon heated water tub that is goat proof (though I still have to keep an old tire and upside down wheelbarrow over the cord outside the fence) That lasts my biggest pen for two days. I have no real barn - hutches in most pens and a lean-to for milking. I am using wet wipes for cleaning teats right now, but most of the year I just wipe the dry teats and udder with my hands. For my comfort it is layers and layers - depending on the current temperature. I am milking three does right now and two of those will be going dry next month, and the last one the first part of February. That should give me a month off from milking. My favorite foot gear is a pair of overshoes called Neos. They cost a fair amount , but they keep my feet so nice and warm. I consider most weather bearable if there isn't too much wind, but we get a lot of wind in this valley.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.