Those in the path of IKE please check in here.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Sondra, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

If anyone hears from those in the path of IKE please lets us know also.

2. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Sondra we are on the East side of the hurricane and are under a tornado watch until 7 PM. It is a rather gray, overcast day with a steady wind blowing. So far the rain is mostly a drizzle and is turning to a sprinkle. The goats have just taken shelter after being out all morning.

3. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Tyler Tx... Ike is almost here !
    The wind has picked up out of the North from the swirl rotation . Gusty and strong,sort picking up our carport . All the goats have taken cover in the barn and the rain is starting to come down,darker outside also but the ducks are happy swimming around. The electric has winked off and on but still on for now. Vicki and the others south of me are still taking a pounding :(

4. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Tomball/Cypress TX (NW of Houston). We have no power, lost power around 4am. We went to a friends house for the night, but went this morning to check on all our critters. All 5 Equine accounted for, all 4 longhorns accounted 4, all 5 goats accounted for, 13 of my 15 chickens accounted for. Working on generator power and sprint internet card. On the 5 minute trip from friend's house to animals noticed many down trees, some almost down power poles...Other than that doesn't seem to be too bad. News said there were 3 Ike related deaths...(1 right up the road from Tomball, a lady in her mobile home was killed when a tree fell on it.)

Sarah

5. Glad to hear form you Sarah and am relieved to hear your okay :whew. Tammy

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Lisa from BlueHeron Farm checked in.

7. shawhee

shawhee Member

Vicki is ok - no power of course but they are fine!

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Thanks Shawna I tried all the ph numbers I had for her and got no answer

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

LeeAnne and Katie family OK

Katie just called me back and LeeAnne and her family are all ok!! Animals are ok
    Trees down and no ELEC.

10. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Someone posted an update on Lynn on another board and she is okay.
    She is without electricity. They lost some trees and bushes and the tarp on one of the goat shelters. High winds and rain. Worse than they expected. But they are okay.

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Thanks Kathy was wondering abt you too but saw you on.

12. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

I'm glad to hear that Lynn is safe! It looked like she was getting it bad down there. Power was off all afternoon here in Longview, gusty winds and sheets of horizontal rain. We have power now, but down in Carthage at my house, BF is without power. He said some trees down and lots of wind and rain, but all my animals are safe. I'm staying here at the clinic all night, no need to be driving in this.

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Ah glad your ok and animals also take care.

14. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

We survived the passing of Ike without much happening. Oh the electricity went off around 9:30 PM so we just went to bed, an hour and a half later it came back on. A tornado cloud passed by about 8 miles from here but didn't touch ground. The wind speed was about 55 MPH in that cloud and really blew the trees around here. Other than that just a steady wind and some much needed rain.

Hope everyone else is ok.

15. Looking around here this morning (MO Ozarks, just over the AR. border) our trees up by the house took a beating. We somehow still have power (there is a LARGE forked branch laying/hanging on the line, between the pole & the house.. much more wind and it will rip the line off the house. ME??? I'm not brave enough to try to move it.. waiting for the power company. (we are the only ones with electric still, all the neighbors to the south are in the dark. They have bad roof damage, we have some shingles needing attention) The trees took a beating. BIG branches down everywhere. For years I'd worried about a big branch that hung over the den area of the house.. well, don't need to worry anymore! at least when it snapped it took it the other way, away from the house, even missed the propane tank. The house is totally plastered in stuck on leaves on three sides.. the wind came from every direction, I guess?.. Have tree branches down on fences.. People behind us can't get out, huge tree completely blocking the road to about 4 house up a little dirt road... BUT.. the sad one for us personally, is a HUGE, HUGE old oak tree (loved that tree).. itsplit right down the middle.. Half of him still standing out there in shock, the other half is laying all green & leafy on the ground....just waiting for me to let the does out! There's gonna be a feast! (we walked the land looking for down cherry trees.. happy to find they all seem intact) Don't know how much rain we got, but it's squishy out there. I'm sure our damage in nothing compared to those of you further south.. lots of folks with lots of clean-up ahead of them. I just feel blessed that all the barn roofs held & not a single critter was hurt.
    susie mo ozarks

16. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well Tim that is good to hear but Susie am sorry you have so many trees down Glad all of you and critters are ok.

17. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Thanking the Lord, that all is well and ole Ike is gone, beautiful day outside like nothing happened :D

18. Rose

Rose New Member

Susie, I talked to Lonnie over off of 160, and everyone over there has no electricity. He has a generator, so he may be providing drinking water for everyone.

The county road is blocked in both directions with trees down.

The sweet gum tree in his yard had the top twisted out, so the goats have browse for days!

Lots of branch/tree damage.

Haven't heard about my cabin yet.

Have you talked to Oretia? At least her goats have plenty of barns to get into.

Alice

19. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Glad everyone is checking in and animals ok. In NW AR we got a lot of rain we didn't need and the wind was pretty scary at times - it was roaring like a tornado for a few hours. We also lost a lot of branches and half of tall tree split and fell in the doelings pen. Gave me quite a scare but they were tucked in their shelter and the tree came down on top the covered hay feeder and across the fence. Spent most of today cleaning out flooded barn and sawing tree branches.

We also feel blessed that roofs stayed on and everyone is safe. My heart goes out to those south of us.

Ginger

20. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

We got power back late this afternoon. Lots of cleanup to do but everyone is alive and well. Still waiting on water as the well pump was damaged.