Thinking ahead....Lutelyse

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by birdiegirl, Jun 29, 2008.

1. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

I am trying to think ahead for kidding season......this past year was an unorganized mess for me- I pulled some at birth, dam-raised others, and it all worked out in the end but was clearly made more crazy by my waffling back and forth........

The issue is this. I am a veterinary technician at an emergency clinic. I am also the weekend supervisor and most experienced tech there. Even though I would *like* to take a month off work during kidding season, and they are somewhat willing to work around my schedule, I obviously cannot predict when everyone will kid. I will do my best to hand-breed this fall. This past year I watched closely and had a pretty good idea who was bred and when, and was fairly close on due dates. I was able to behome for all but 2 kiddings, but of course these were the most important ones....

If I *know* actual breeding dates for sure, can I plan to lutelyse the does when they are full-term, so I can better plan to be home for all births? I plan to pull ALL kids this year and raise on CAE prevention.

Donna

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

If you search you can find all this info on old threads from this last kidding season. Several gals on here dex 5cc and lutelyse 2cc all their does and have no natural kiddings (around 36 hours)...not that dex and lute give you unnatural kiddings :) Just on your time table. Vicki

4. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Okay, thanks! I do usually search and read old posts first before posting (hence my *still low post count* LOL!), but I am trying to post more often.......

Will go back and study..........

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Oh shoot, didn't mean you can't ask :) Just that I know both Kaye and Sara are swamped right now and they had really hashed this subject out. Vicki

6. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Gotcha! No problem, just secretly trying to inch my post count up a little at a time...........How you all find the time to post as often on the forums as you do.........don't know how you are able to find the time, but I for one am sure glad that you do.......

7. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl Reason you get one liners, short explainations, and times on most are after 10:30pm! :rofl

You get our long drawn out, full explainations, etc...during the winter when we actually have time to sit down for a few hrs. :lol
    Kaye

8. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

9. I plan to hand breed all 3 does and do that next spring. :)