The Whisk

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by homeacremom, Aug 30, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Is it worth joining? and do they really kick you off if you just lurk? :/

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

all the time, I don't have time to post on forums, this is the only one I weekly do. I have been kicked off so often I never even get a chance to lurk

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

I've gotten kicked off twice. There were some good posts to read, but I didn't have any comments to add, so since I didn't post, I got the boot. Its a shame too, cause there is some good things on there, I just don't have the time to post and I don't have that much time to read all that stuff. I spend more time here. :biggrin

Sheryl

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Hey Sheryl we should share a "Sheryl" over there lol! we could read it once and a while. : )
    (for you lurkers out there Sheryl's my real name)
    SherrieC

5. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

OK, guess that's my answer. Sometimes it will go a few weeks and I won't have much time online or I simply don't have anything to say. So come on! I want to read more soap stuff here on DGI. ;)

6. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

The whisk is really not that active. There are far more seasoned soapers there than on a lot of the forums, less newbies, but it's very SLOW. I really like the www.craftserver.com forum. You can lurk if you want or not and it's fairly busy, but it's a fairly mixed bag of newbies and oldbies so you need to be careful who you get advice from. Good coops too!

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

soapdishforum.com make sure you join so you can read the old archives when the old broads used to be on, anything by labrat.

In reading alot of forums I kind of doubt some of them soap all that much or else they are trying to disuade others from soaping with their crazy answers. vicki

8. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I think I was on the Whisk at one time and on Soapdish forum, but I don't soap that often so... I like forums when I have time. I am also on a couple of adoption forums. One of them I've been a member of for almost 8 years. We all adopted children at the same time and all of our kids are about the same age.

9. Happytailzfarm

Happytailzfarm New Member

Whats the Whisk? I know I should probably know the answer but.....
    thanks
    Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend
    Aletha

10. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

www.the-whisk.us
    A soapmaking forum, photo gallery, etc. You have to be registered, I guess, to use most of their stuff.