The Waiting Thread....

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Dover Farms, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

I thought it would fun to create a thread here on DGI for people anxiously waiting for their does to kid!

Our first doe is due to kid in 38 days! Woo Hoo!

2. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Your right it will be fun. But you should have started last week! I had 2 that kidded this week! 4 bucklings and 1 doeling! My next is not due until April so long time to wait. At least it will be warmer then!!
    Theresa

3. Melissa

Melissa New Member

I've still got 3 months to go! and some I've not even bred yet (waiting for a fall kidding)

-Melissa

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

I guess I should have started it sooner!! LOL! Congrats on the new arrivals! :biggrin

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I am waiting right now for Babbette to be 30 days bred so I can pull blood and send it in. I am also waiting on any of my young does to recycle, so far nobody...Way to go Nick and Big Bird. Vicki

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

my only real concern right now is going to be BeyBee and hope Nick did his job here too. The rest of my girls OH WELL HA!

7. we had 6 does (nubians) kid in Oct. Now it's time to start the count down again :crazy. First does are due to pop in 31 days. It'll be a crazy week, taper off and then begin again mid feb, then again mid march. The new kidding barn is just about finished (does already moved in... this is the barn that had the bear visit the other night) We really need to finish it up... or we'll be miserable and cold on baby watch. Have the building supplies, just need the weather to cooperate. We are including a small (8x8) bedroom! nothing fancy, just a room with a couple of bunks and place to store all the towels, birthing supplies and such. Portable heater, coffee pot. It'll also be somewhere to warm up kids before they move to the new born kid pen. It's silly, but I'm really excited about just being able to sit up in bed, look out a window and SEE/HEAR if any action is occuring...if no one's pushing, just set the alarm, then just snuggle back into bed...
    susie, mo ozarks

8. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Waiting on my first doe due Jan. 29th....so exciting..

9. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

Our first doe is due December 25th/26th. . . waiting!

10. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

Holy smokes! I can't imagine having babies this time of year! It is currently -1 - warmed up from -14 here. They say we are getting a warm patten coming in later this week and should except temps in the mid 20s for high and average of 4 to 5 for the low. Good luck with all your babies.

11. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

First two does are due the 21st, then the 23rd, 24th, 27th, 29th, 31st, 31st, 31st.... :rofl
    Then I get four days off..the two the 4th, two the 5th, then another 10 days off and everything goes downhill from there until February 2nd.... That covers the first 36 does due. then from February 27th until April 25th another possible 20 due...By then we will be breeding another 12 or so for July/August/September kids...

I am sooo not ready for bottle kids yet... :nooo

12. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

59 days before my does kid. I have 12 due 2/7-2/17

13. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Roseanna do you have any hair left? Or have you pulled it all out by now? :rofl I DO NOT envy you!! :crazy

The kids I am most anxiously awaiting are Libby's kids by Cass. Libby was GCH Jr. Doe at the Ohio State Fair Youth Show! I was sooo proud of her! She went GCH at my county fair and then again on an online goat show. :biggrin She is due in 74 days and is starting to get a nice baby belly!! :biggrin Heehee! I can't wait! She'd better have a doe kid!

14. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Roseanne, you know those does are not going to give you any days off!! They already have it worked out who is going to be late and who is going to be early so that it drags out as long as possible!! :rofl

And I was not ready for bottle babies either

15. Corky

Corky New Member

I have all mine dried off and no kids due till the last of February so I don't even go to the barn some days.

DH had taken to doing all the barn chores now.

I go check on them every couple of days. It's just great!

He did just say that Sunday seems too full still. I may have to go milk her a little bit again. I will do that this evening when it is time to feed.

16. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

My first doe is due on Christmas day.......and then it really starts rolling!! :laughcry :crazy

And Roseanne, I'm not ready yet either! :D

17. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

:blush2 I have 5 boer babies now,

BUT I cant wait till February for LaNubies or NubieLa's with ears and spots !! ALL DOES,Please !!! :biggrin

18. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

You guys are nuts... you can't wait for kidding season to begin?

Not here. I can 'wait' for kidding out goats in the cold, feeding kids, pasteurizing milk, disbudding, tattooing, milking 25 does. Nope, I like my 'time off' - no babies to feed and only 12 does milking. Vacation!

I'd take another 6 months of this! :rofl

Sara

19. Corky

Corky New Member

:/ Milking 12 does does NOT sound like a vacation to me.

I will only have 4 in milk when they all kid.

I have 0. Yay!

The one that still had too much milk in her was not tight and the reason she has too much milk still is DH got in too much of a hurry increasing her alfalfa intake.

He hates having to feed one different from the others.

He says 'I only have her back up to two and a half cups of alfalfa now. Just like Molly."

Molly is dry now. Sunday is not.

I jumped him and told him to stop feeling sorry for her and cut out the alfalfa till I tell him different.

20. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Like Sara, I like my vacation time too! We're not doing anything but feeding and keeping the barn clean. I have one doe due at the end of the month (on my birthday :laughcry She will get my feet wet, then 6 will kid between Feb 13 and the 28th and the other 5 will kid out in April.
    I do not envy you Roseanne! I don't think I could keep it together with that many! Can you imagine going in to fee the hundreds of babies? them all crowding around and jumping up at you to get milk? :nooo That would be like a Stephen King movie :rofl