That storage question again...

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Nigilover, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Nigilover

Nigilover New Member

Hi fellow soapers,

When you sell your soaps at the FMs and shows, how do you tell them to store the soaps if they are saving them until Christmas? I've been reluctant to have them use plastic bags--even though mine are a minimum 4wk cure--- I've been suggesting that they put them in a linen closet or clothes closet on a shelf in their house. Is there a better way or is the plastic bag idea ok ( always worried about the dreaded DOS )

Thanks, Kathy

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Hi Kathy,
    It isn't so much Dos you have to worry about when storing in plastic, its sweating and mold if they are not cured good and dry.. I leave my soaps out a good six weeks and store in rubbermaid boxes, but leave the lid cracked up some.. wrap them when sold
    Barbara

3. Nigilover

Nigilover New Member

Thanks Barbara,--- I store mine at home in rubbermaid boxes also--- it's just that you have no idea what conditions the customers are trying to keep their soaps in until Christmas gift giving time...... is there an easy quick answer for them?

Kathy

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have only suggested they NOT put them in the attic or utility (furnace) room for hiding. I know those are places we used for putting gifts out of sight and I don't think soaps would do well there.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I would just say not to store in plastic use a cardboard box. As most people aren't going to go out and buy rubbermaid to store soap gifts. How abt just a closet shelf. I do that all the time or a drawer as it makes it smell so nice.

6. Nigilover

Nigilover New Member

Thank you--- I'll continue to nix the plastic bags and stay with the closet suggestion!

Kathy