Tell me about these goat claws I bought

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Cotton Eyed Does, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I bought silicone inflations and some goat claws this year. I have it all hooked up. I don't have any in-line shut offs anymore.. do I need some? Also there is a little plastic slide up and down thing (valve?) on the claw. What do I do with that? Pull it up to milk or push it down to milk? What is it for? Does that take the place of the in-line shut off valves? Are the claws suppose to make that Swish... Swish.. sound when milking? Is it o.k. to dip these silicone inflations in bleach water between goats? The bleach water won't hurt the silicone will it? Tell me about these things. Hamby sent me regular size milk lines also with the blue line running through it. I have no idea what size that milk line is.

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

What's the name of the claws? Picture maybe would help. If they were very expensive...I'm thinking the Vanguard claws? Are they plastic, oval shaped?

Milk hose...it should be wrote on the outside of hose somewhere. It will say 9/16 ID or 1/2 ID. The blue line is Norton Trans-flow.
    Yes, you can use bleach water on silicone.
    Kaye

3. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

4. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Those look similar to the ones I have, but mine have a metal pin that slides. I have shut-off valves on mine. Okay, its been a few months but I think you toggle the slide up to milk, thats sets it so it will shut off if it loses suction. Then down when you run your wash water thru.