Teat ?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Bella Star, May 12, 2008.

1. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I know this is dairy :/ but... I have a teat question ?
    I have a Boer/Nubian doe that has a blown teat orifice maby.... as it looks like a sausage and the other teat looks normal , she need's some type of support or ? , she kidded sunday with a lot of milk and the kids prefer the one normal teat , I know to tape the good teat but the kids cant seem to get that big sausage in their mouth good right now .. I milked out some colostrum to give her some relief and the teat is soft and puffy. Is there anything that I can do ? The doe is about 4yrs. old

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Just keep milking the side until the kids get a little older when they can learn to nurse anything once they are hungrier :) Nice to see you posting. vicki

3. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

THANK'S Vicki and .... " HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU " .... hope you did something exciting :p !!!!

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I had a really fun weekend, all the children and grandkids their friends etc... I rented one of those blow up things you jump on, the thrid try and this hip circle thing I used to eaisly do on the trampoline and I was exhausted and laying on a heap...my 6 year old grandson came over and sat next to me and told me I was old and fat...I agreed with him and went in an sat in the air conditioning with all the other women, all but one younger than me :) Best was that my last doe kidding Sunday, yippee it's finally freakin over!!! vicki

5. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

That is awesome Vicky! My kinda birthday! It is always nice to have a kid party :)

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep I used to have a doe like this only both her teats were blown so had to milk her out prior to kids being able to nurse. Just be sure and milk that side all the way out too.