Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'vebeen looking for a good teat dip-- I'd like to use the same thing for pre-cleaning and a post dip-- What are you using that you like? Only need small amounts as i'm only milking one or two.
Can I make my own with iodine or Nolvasan? I don't really want to buy a 45 dollar gallon of Nolvasan but it'd probably last forever. would prefer not to use bleach- want something that I can pre-make and have at the ready.
I'm really trying to get clean milk.
thanks!

Susie

G

·
I buy a gallon of Chlorhexidine at a time then mix it with water. Directions I think say 2oz per gallon put I usually pour about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in a gallon jar then fill the rest up with water. It's only 12.95 a gallon from Jeffers and I get it here locally so I don't have to pay shipping. I pre-clean with baby wipes though. And put the Chlorhexidine in a spray bottle and spray for post.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this what you usE? made by Priority care?

oops that's not the right link! Chlorhexadine made by priority care.

I can get this locally too I think-thanks!

G

·
Go to Jeffers and search for this Chlorhexidine Disinfectant Solution. It is the same thing they make some mouth wash for humans with. The link didn't go to what I was referring to I don't thihk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts