Teat cup and inflator question.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Narrow Chance, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

How in the Sam Hill do you get the inflator out of the teat cup :??? :crazy
    Mine are clear plastic teat cups with clear rubber inflators.. short of cutting them little jewels out.. I can't get them to come out of either end :mad

2. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

It is NOT easy but you have to pull them out from the side the teat goes in...so the top I guess. Keep yanking---eventually they'll come out.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Getting inflations out of shells is awful. Hot water and being nice to my husband worked for me :) Vicki

4. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Hot water I can try. Hubby not here for 2 weeks.. :crazy
    I washed with Clorox.. but I STILL want to get in there with a brush. They are clean.. but it's the idea that I CAN'T get those buggers out. Errrrrrrgggghhhhh :mad

5. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol Well, it's kinda' unorthodox...but, I use a screwdriver on the bottom of the shell and poke the old inflation just enough to get an edge up into the shell. Then I twist the inflation and it pops out. :blush

I got tired of messing with something I was going to trash, anyway. Didn't matter if I poked a hole in it.
    Kaye

6. old dominion

old dominion New Member

I hope I can explain this ...

By using my thumb I start to push the inflation at the bottom of the shell back into the shell. At the same time gently pull on the inflation at the top of the shell. Once it starts it will pull right out.

7. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol Same as me...'cept with my fingernails cut so short for kidding....same principle as screwdriver. :lol
    Kaye

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Rett I just pull the top of the inflation over to one side I use a dull table knife to slide under and it will come off one side then I can get my little bottle brush in there to clean and also I let them , then soak in clorox water and soap for a while then rinse out with very hot water and drain.
    When dry I put the inflation back where it belongs. In other words I don't take the inflation out of the shell on the bottom

9. :rofl

I love listening to how people do this. Everyone has their own way to get them out.

This is how I do it...to me its the fastest way to get them out. I wait till they are cold, then pop the top off and pull over the side. Then pull down on the bottom and turn it about half way around. Then take your thumb, push down on the rim up by the shell. Then let go easy. The ring will go up into the shell and they are out. If you are planning on just tossing them...take a knife to them. That way you dont sit there and debate about keeping them. I have WAY to many people keep them and try to use them again. Most of the time if they are at their time to change...get rid of them.

Ken in MO